Ark Portable Power pack, are they good?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
Hay guys,

Im just wondering if you guys own a Ark power pack and if they are any good? Are they an alternative to a Dual battery system or just used a way of back up power. And is there any way that you can set them up as a dual battery system? I.E. Can you connect them to the alternator to recharge the battery? or solar power?

I want as much information as I can on these things! Cheers!

:feedback:

It doesn't look too bad. The 6-stage charger certainly reads like it's doing the right thing, and I suppose a lot of companies have been watching the leaders in battery charging technology (like C-Tek) and have followed their example.

I don't think this one comes with a battery - you get to supply your own - and it will charge from the vehicle's alternator, I'm guessing that they're taking the input power and managing it internally from there - that's not a bad thing.

If you drop an AGM battery inside you'll find it very handy. Heavy, but handy. As long as the charging circuit does what it claims, it's not a bad investment at all.

they certainly look the goods, but when i looked into getting one, i was told the charger in it was only a 1.5 amp job, looks fairly simple to set up .the thumper brand packs might be better?
cheers
geoff

Nicely spotted Geoff, and you're right - the charger is proudly noted on the bottom of the flyer as "1500mA".

That means a half-discharged 130Ah battery would take 65/1.5 = 43 hours to recharge (at a minimum, it will actually take longer).

I'm afraid there's not that much daylight between stops ... this device just lost its appeal for me too.

ok so im bumping an old thread to see if anyone has actually purchased one and whether they lik eit or not. Its mentioned in here that the charger is only a 1.5amp charger and i cant find any information on the powerpacks to backup that info. i carry my 15amp charger with me anyway.

i just recieved my new 4wd modified magazine and they are offering 15 issues with a free ark power pak all for $169.20.

any info would be good. plus it doesnt ocme with a battery? so i would have to source my own 100-130a/h battery?

Back