Armstrong..Cheat or not?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjohn

Reaction score
Is he a cheat?
Does second place get the award he was stripped of?
Not really the same thing as winning first.
Was second place winner doping as well?
Does it even matter?

If an olympian was caught cheating they would be stripped of their medals. He should be stripped of every medal and sponsorship he has ever won. What pisses me off is that he is still seen as a hero just because he cried poor me as soon as he was caught.

Is he a cheat?
Does second place get the award he was stripped of?
Not really the same thing as winning first.
Was second place winner doping as well?
Does it even matter?

I pity The people who come second to a cheat, they can award you first place and give you a medal, but you cant get on The podium for The glory

Its cycling...... its almost certain that 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th ect ect were all doing it. so who gives a rats, all the guys that dobbed him in have admitted they were doing it, and how many "winners" have been busted since and before him...... there all on it and i dare say so is or was at some point our beloved Cadel

Dont get me wrong he is a cheat but so is just about everyone else in cycling

Is he a cheat? Ken oath, and he's no champion

Does second get the gong? Apparently not according to what I heard.

Was the second place winner doing it? I believe the was drugs in the sport and still is but I don't believe it was as rife as some make out.

Does it matter? It should.

All those cases he fought and won money because he claimed newspapers etc were slandering him or telling lies. He should be forced to pay back every cent and be held accountable for the lies. I don't care what he claims to have done with his charity, as far as I'm concerned he did that knowing that if one day he was found guilty or forced to admit guilty he would use the 'good charity' deeds to play the bleeding heart and sucker the general public in. Just like any drug cheat, his actions overshadow the achievements of those who were clean.

Also if he was serious about confessing, he'd have done it with a real interviewer not with a useless person like Oprah who has no idea what questions to ask and no real drive other than to have some tears caught on camera. Just like a political interview you can bet each question was carefully scrutinized and worded by Lance's legal team before it aired.

Yep he's a cheat allright. The self confessed arrogant prick now the self confessed cheat.
I feel cheated. Thought he may of been giving the EPO a bit of a hit along with a few others up the pointy end but it was the lot, hormones, blood transfusions and steriods.
As Armstong put it "he was driven by the perfect mythic story, he's fight back from cancer, an inspiration for people around the world. I should of smelt a rat. With all the crap that goes on in this world maybe I just wanted to believe. He got one bit right, it was a mythic story.

Given cheating is so endemic within their sport I would say the sport has far more to answer for than he does. He is a creation of the sport; the sport loved him, the fans lived him and it is wasn't him it would have been somebody else.

Is he an arrogant prick, certainly
Did he cheat, I'd say not because he didn't gain advantage from it, only played the game. Without it he would have been at a disadvantage.

For all those who feel cheated/offended/upset etc I'd say wake up and smell the coffee; if you ever believed he and any other cyclist wasn't doping you are probably also surprised to hear that Michael Jackson was really Black and Santa doesn't exist.

Get over it, you enjoyed the fanfare while he rode it and you didn't look too hard at the cracks in he legend........

Blah blah blah. He still won seven tours, on a level playing field with the rest (as they were also doping) and along the way inspired a lot of people.

YBOD Spot on there about a creation of "the sport". What really pisses me off is all those commentators that went on lance this, lance that, lance whatever for years and years, who are now pretending to be shocked about it. They fanned the flames that encouraged it.

The Boss used to enjoy watching it, but the commentary just drove me away.

As to the law suits he won, that is just tough biscuits for those who lost. They made a claim and couldn't prove it with the material they had to hand. So they lost the court case. End of story.

Nathan is absolutely right. It doesn't matter where they came, if they're wearing lycra with logos (you know, the stretchy stuff with lots of writing that they wear so the guy rooting the one in front has something to read) then they're doped.

I don't care if it was oxy pills or steroids, it was cheating. Here's what they need, the whole bloody lot of them....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY[/YT]

YBOD Spot on there about a creation of "the sport". What really pisses me off is all those commentators that went on lance this, lance that, lance whatever for years and years, who are now pretending to be shocked about it. They fanned the flames that encouraged it.

The Boss used to enjoy watching it, but the commentary just drove me away.

As to the law suits he won, that is just tough biscuits for those who lost. They made a claim and couldn't prove it with the material they had to hand. So they lost the court case. End of story.

Given cheating is so endemic within their sport I would say the sport has far more to answer for than he does. He is a creation of the sport; the sport loved him, the fans lived him and it is wasn't him it would have been somebody else.

Is he an arrogant prick, certainly
Did he cheat, I'd say not because he didn't gain advantage from it, only played the game. Without it he would have been at a disadvantage.

For all those who feel cheated/offended/upset etc I'd say wake up and smell the coffee; if you ever believed he and any other cyclist wasn't doping you are probably also surprised to hear that Michael Jackson was really Black and Santa doesn't exist.

Get over it, you enjoyed the fanfare while he rode it and you didn't look too hard at the cracks in he legend........

Blah blah blah. He still won seven tours, on a level playing field with the rest (as they were also doping) and along the way inspired a lot of people.

i agree with you boys.

its not that great of a surprise that he was on the juice.
there would be many sports people on the juice these days, there's too much at stake (cash). some guys are going to give it a crack!

your only kidding yourself if you believe that there's nobody in your favourite sports giving something a crack. and truth be told a lot of the sporting authorities don't really want to catch the cheats. if no ones caught there isn't a problem right? it makes the sport loom bad and they don't want that.

they're not awarding the medal's to the 2nd or 3rd place getters ect, because basically all of them have tested positive to performance enhancing drugs and they've got no idea who if anyone was actually clean.

right or wrong he's a product of the environment.

Wasn't it revealed that if they had to give his 1st place medal to someone from his 2005 win it would have to go to 23rd place? The reason being is that everybody from 22nd place up could be tied to doping?

He's a cheat, no doubt. And a liar. And he has no remorse about it.

To say 'everybody else was doing it' doesn't excuse a thing, in my mind. The sport is now completely tarnished, and talk of banning it from the Olympics would probably the best thing to happen.

Its cycling...... its almost certain that 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th ect ect were all doing it. so who gives a rats, all the guys that dobbed him in have admitted they were doing it, and how many "winners" have been busted since and before him...... there all on it and i dare say so is or was at some point our beloved Cadel

Dont get me wrong he is a cheat but so is just about everyone else in cycling

x2 nathan all the riders were doing it and ill bet so is the above i highly doubt there is a true champion since the 70s in cycling

Old.Tony;224869. Here's what they need said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY[/YT]

Omfg........I cryed laughing.
Was he shutng the key off you reckon? How else could
do that?
I've gotta share that.

Anyhow, back on topic.......

Last edited:
Nathan is absolutely right. It doesn't matter where they came, if they're wearing lycra with logos (you know, the stretchy stuff with lots of writing that they wear so the guy rooting the one in front has something to read) then they're doped.

At one stage when watching the Tour de France coverage a few years ago, it was rather funny as our young cat, whenever he hill climbs were on, would recline on top of the TV(monster glass thing) and reach over and down the front of it to play "pat their bums".

Shrug, it is a female, so I wasn't worried but it was damm accurate.

I don't care if it was oxy pills or steroids, it was cheating. Here's what they need, the whole bloody lot of them....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY[/YT]

The timing was perfect:sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back