Around OZ

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Its been nearly 2yrs since I had my last holiday where me & the missus went to Darwin, now we are going to do another trip from good old Rocky qld to Perth up and around back down the coast line to VIC then back home u get the picture, about 6 weeks on the road towing the van, going start of August to mid September, hopefully the weather will be kind, have no itinerary just gunna stop where and when we feel like it thats the way we did our last holiday no bookings either get a van site or go to the next one if we don't like, will have to get 50000km service done around perth so any recommendations for Nissan over there.
Cheers Lyle

awesome work man! how big your van? i have an 09 stx yd25 and am currently searching for a family van to do a lap. probably going to be around 23ft and can't help being a little paranoid of my navaras abilities. exhaust coming next week, scotts 3", chip next, probably dominator, clutch maybe?? advise?
never towed a van before.
me, wife, 3 kids, selling house and going. no more job just days as we go. thats aussie dream!

We are planning a similar trip for 4 months later this year and will have to have a 60,000k service done somewhere. Glad it won't be one of the big ones.

I know manuals have their clutch issues and autos generally make the best towing prospect for take off and manoeuvring, but with bigger vans, it's really hard to keep the auto in overdrive and in any other gear, there is just too much TC slip for economical driving.

Generally being at the cusp of TC lock, I find wind is often the deciding factor. I really do think our van is a tad too big for the 2.5 auto. Lucky we won't be in a hurry. It is however very stable.

Attachments

• YGA.jpg
    YGA.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 63
awesome work man! how big your van? i have an 09 stx yd25 and am currently searching for a family van to do a lap. probably going to be around 23ft and can't help being a little paranoid of my navaras abilities. exhaust coming next week, scotts 3", chip next, probably dominator, clutch maybe?? advise?
never towed a van before.
me, wife, 3 kids, selling house and going. no more job just days as we go. thats aussie dream!

Thanks mate the van is 17.6ft coromal seka 535 pioneer xc off road poptop its the one in my signature, mate you are the one I envy I got a few yrs to go before my youngest finishes high school then hopefully I can do the same, so I look at this trip as a trial run. Only advice I can give u on towing is stick around the 95kmh and try to pick your van parks that arnt squashy until you get use to it
Cheers Lyle

Last edited:
We are planning a similar trip for 4 months later this year and will have to have a 60,000k service done somewhere. Glad it won't be one of the big ones.

I know manuals have their clutch issues and autos generally make the best towing prospect for take off and manoeuvring, but with bigger vans, it's really hard to keep the auto in overdrive and in any other gear, there is just too much TC slip for economical driving.

Generally being at the cusp of TC lock, I find wind is often the deciding factor. I really do think our van is a tad too big for the 2.5 auto. Lucky we won't be in a hurry. It is however very stable.
!

Hi joe nice set up, with the 7 speed auto I just tow in 5th gear set cruise on about 2000-2100 rpm which is about 95-97km by gps the best gear as it dos'nt search for gear even on hills I get around 16-19lts per 100km the van is around 2ton,

Cheers Lyle

!

Hi joe nice set up, with the 7 speed auto I just tow in 5th gear set cruise on about 2000-2100 rpm which is about 95-97km by gps the best gear as it dos'nt search for gear even on hills I get around 16-19lts per 100km the van is around 2ton,

Cheers Lyle

I am jealous

hey mate if your halfway up the coast of WA make sure you go to a tiny place called coralbay. just north of exmouth from memory. probably has changed a lot since i was there many years ago I think its a bit more touristy now:( when i was there had a servo and a van park, It was untouched beauty. could walk 20mtrs across the road to the beach throw bread in the water and have snapper the size of small children swimming around your feet.

hey mate if your halfway up the coast of WA make sure you go to a tiny place called coralbay. just north of exmouth from memory. probably has changed a lot since i was there many years ago I think its a bit more touristy now:( when i was there had a servo and a van park, It was untouched beauty. could walk 20mtrs across the road to the beach throw bread in the water and have snapper the size of small children swimming around your feet.

Cheers Mate

also for old mate looking to buy a van coromal is a good option there vans are nice and light compared to alot out there. still built well but lighter in overall weight. i now work at caravan yard in Bundy and we started doing coromal end last year they are much lighter than most. previouy mainly did millard. great vans but are a bit heavier. if you wanna know anything shoot me a pm ill try help if i can

Cheers qqc. Know of anyone selling triple bunk, queen, toilet shower?

Thanks hunter, don't be too quick to be envious, my kids are 10, 8 and 4, we will be home schooling. I can't wait!!!

Its been nearly 2yrs since I had my last holiday where me & the missus went to Darwin, now we are going to do another trip from good old Rocky qld to Perth up and around back down the coast line to VIC then back home u get the picture, about 6 weeks on the road towing the van, going start of August to mid September, hopefully the weather will be kind, have no itinerary just gunna stop where and when we feel like it thats the way we did our last holiday no bookings either get a van site or go to the next one if we don't like, will have to get 50000km service done around perth so any recommendations for Nissan over there.
Cheers Lyle

9 weeks to go who's counting :dance3:

Latest posts

Back