At cnt unit fuse keeps blowing - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPR

Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping someone can shed some light on a problem and help me out.
I have a auto 08 stx diesel ute that just didn't start last night.
looked around and found the fuse on the At cont unit ( I assume this is the automatic control unit on the gearbox ? ) blown.
with out keys in it will just blow if I put a new one in.
I disconnected the cable to the control unit on the gear box and put a new fuse in and it dose not blow !
is it possible that its just the unit that has gone bad or more likely a solenoid etc inside the box its self ?
can I replace the box on the outside and see if that fixes it ? or dose this need to be married to the ecu etc?

any help would be most appreciated

Jeff (NOOSA QLD)

Welcome to the forum.

It's a first for me. Sounds like an issue with the TCM in the sump of the auto transmission, but I can't help wondering if there's cable damage on the outside of the box (or on the transfer case). The TCMs - while their programming could be improved somewhat - seem to have been fairly robust.

Thanks mate for the reply. First thought was it earthing out somewhere, maybe need to invest in OBD software to check. I checked visually but have not tested any wiring as such .

Anyone know of a OBD system available to read codes that dose not break the bank ?

Sure do, if you have an Android-based smartphone. Grab an OBD-II adapter from eBay - I've seen them for around $20 or less. It MUST be ELM327 compliant. Then grab Torque from the Android market - try it for free, if you like it it'll set you back a whole $5.

Well it's the control unit on the valve body that's burnt out. anyone know where a good place is to sort a second hand valve body ?

Well all fixed. Got a valve body second hand from Adelaide for $400 delivered. Bit better then $2300 Nissan quoted me. Thanks for your help Tony much appreciated.

Jeff

Back