Auto Electrical/Electronic help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stepho_62

Reaction score
G'day,

I need a bit of advice/assistance from someone who knows their stuff about the above.

My D22 has keyed central locking and whilst in the middle of installing a heap of other electronic/electrical stuff I discovered a central locking/alarm kit in the shed that I brought from a garage sale.

Its a vision alarm and I had a good look at it and unpacked it and it appears to be intact.

How do I go about wiring this into the existing central locking so I get the remote to activate the locks?

Any suggestions would help heaps. :confused3:

Hey mate it depends on a few things.

1: what vision alarm model you have ( can be done with all of them from memory but some require a central lock module as well where others have the ability to do it all in the one)

2: whether you drivers door has a central lock motor.

If it is the vision alarm with it all built in and there is a central lock motor already in the door the. It is as simple as just wiring it in. Not that big of a job really. From new the vision alarm comes with a wiring diagram that shows many differs t ways on how to wire up central locking as well as how to wire up every thing else, you just go to figure which is the correct one for your car.

If it is missing the door lock motor or is a lower model vision alarm the. You will need to purchase a central lock module with motors and wore one into the drivers door as well as wire it to the vision module.

If you have an understanding of electrics then it isn't that hard to do. I have wired in quite a few vision alarms as it is the brand we use to reccomend and sell. I'm a big fan ezpecially if it is the model with the all black wiring ( that adds another piece of fun to the install)

Good luck mate and any more questions just asks

Because Nissan are stingy so the didn't put a "full" central locking system in the d22s let alone an immobiliser... so, as above to actually get keyless entry / remote locking you need to put a motor / actuator in the driver's door for it to lock with the other doors when you use the remote

Tight Bastards :)

Guys,

Thanks heaps for the answers. Just to clarify, they (tight assed Nissan) have only put a switch in the drivers side door and an actuator in each of the other three?

So what I need is the remote module (Vision) a key fob (vision) and another compatible actuator (probably vision) to get it all to work?

Surely, if the drivers side door locks itself when u press the "lock all" button it must have an actuator in it?????

I'm about to install 2 new speakers in the front (rears completed tonight) to go with my new sound system so I guess I'll find out then.

Cheers,

Mate if it locks with the lock all button then. It will have an actuator.
Can you unlock it with the same button?

Other wise does it unlock if you unlock the lhf door?

Oh and doesn't have to be a vision central lock kit. I have used from supercheap brand one through to expensive ones and they are all pretty much the same. Have bad no dramas with the cheap ones. And considering you only reply need the 1 actuator I would be buying cheap

Yeah, as above if you have a button and it locks and unlocks all doors then you are in luck. The Thai built ones don't have anything, no button or actuator...

As for the central locking key, yeah that's all you need. If for some reason you do need a door lock actuator jaycar sell them fairly cheap as just single actuators, not a whole kit..

Latest posts

Back