Auto or manual?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auto or Manual

• Auto

Votes: 39 25.8%
  • Manual

Votes: 112 74.2%

• Total voters
The shift stick any day. My misses was so against manual so the day we bought her a new car i ordered it in manual, she had no idea how to drive a manual, but had to learn damn quick. Its been years now and she loves manual and wouldnt have it any other way.

manual in my d22 , gf's car is auto magna, so easy to drive, lack of engine braking sucks !

Manual only for my 4bee.

Tho,

Bet some of you anti auto guys would change your views somewhat after a drive in a Highstalled Auto, big HP V8 engined car with stiff gearing...
yeehaaa.

Manual trans in a 4WD without question; if you are going to do even semi-serious offroading manual is better & safer. (might cop some flack from the auto jockys there). as said before engine braking, greater control, ability to rock in bogs & less power loss through the trans.

That said, if i was doing lots of Kms every day in traffic and diddnt have a "totally awesome D22 Navara - greatest 4x4 ever to grace the earth" i would not rule out an auto. Maybe something like an Audi Allroad or Subaru Liberty / Outback.

i prefer manual...more fun. autos better in sand tho.
autos in d40 have dpf which apparently drinks a bit.

i love manual. always drove manual. more fun more control. but then i did my work injury and now permanently have a not really functioning hand, and the other hand not coping doing the job of 2 so i can only drive auto :( and a modifed car. and that is a challenged :( i hate it. i can drive the manual now and then, off road, no more hard off roading for me tho, im a passenger now. but the easy stuff i can still do where gear changes rnt so needed as frequently (only left sort of works)

To be honest, when we went to test drive the D40, we were looking at an Auto.
However, after driving the manual & auto, both my wife & I prefered the manual over the "Slush box", I mean auto.
If we were diving in trafic a lot, I recon the auto would have got the nod.
I have been told the auto is better for towing, but we tow a 1.8t van, & find
the manual is great.
Cheers,
Phil

Getting older and lazy so Auto is the way for me to go. I do a lot of stop n go on the freeway of a morning and far easier without having to constantly change gears. Besides having no clutch gives me room to stretch out by big foot.
Cheers....Phill

when ever i get in an auto i nearly kick a hole through the fire wall with my left foot trying to push a non exsistant pedal in!

manuals for me

Manual. And if I cant get a manual, I'll walk!

Cog swapping is in the blood - Old man drove trucks all his life & I was driving paddock bashers by ten years. Happily the missus is a farm girl & only drives manuals too.

Manuals are fun to drive until you hit traffic but the 5spd auto in the 2012 ST goes so great with the 2.5TD I couldn't see the need for a manual
Driving in peak hour Syd traffic is made alot easier and highway cruising is very comfortable. More than enough power and this is coming from someone who owned a XR6t beforehand.

And I'm not a poof :)

Latest posts

Back