Autoron LCD gauges lighting issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aus_Karlos

Reaction score
So ive just fitted a dual pillar pod with 2 dual gauges from Autoron.
Its the Boost+EGT and the Dual battery..
Followed all the wiring diagrams the best i could.. Sorry guys from Autron but it looks like the person that wrote the instuctions uses English as a 3rd language.

Anyway Wiring them up and it tells me the Orange wire on the gauges need to connect up to an Ignition source. What source? Accessories, Start, Contant active? Well at the moment Its hooked upto the ACC (Blue Wire)..
But now ive come across a problem. The gauges use a Grey and Brown wire to connect to the dash lights.
Gray = Positive
Brown = Negative

For some reason when i hook up the Brown to the negative side of the dash lights (Not directly Eathed to the body) the Gauges light up, With or without the Gray positive connected. If i disconnect the Orange cable then connect the Gray to the possitive side of the dash the gauges dont light up when i turn the dash lights on.
If i hook the Brown cable directly to the body they will light up if the orange is connected to the ACC and the key is in the ACC position.

So faulty gauges? Or incorrect wiring.. Its quite a simple setup but for the life of me i cant get it to work..

Orange = Ignition Source
Black with eye piece = Earth
Black = Comms, change colour on multiple gauges
Gray = Possitive dash
Brown = Negative dash
Pre terminated wire loom that hooks upto the Map sensor (Cant go wrong with that)

Seperate loom..
Red = Batt 1
Brown = Batt 2

Apart from the lighting issue the gauges work fine.
Currently running the car at peak boost of 22PSI and so far the EGTs havnt gone over 400c. I'll be able to do a big test tomorrow, im on the open road to Moore River so should give me a decent temp reading.
Anyone got a Value of where the EGTs should sit on cruising. When im on the Freeway lightly on the peddle the EGT sit just at 280c and boost is around 2-5PSI.

Thanks for the input guys.

Edit- Opps just realised i posted this in the engine section sorry.

Followed all the wiring diagrams the best i could..

Sorry guys from Autron but it looks like the person that wrote the instuctions uses English as a 3rd language.

Anyway Wiring them up and it tells me the Orange wire on the gauges need to connect up to an Ignition source. What source? Accessories, Start, Contant active?

A switched power (any)source...+12 Vdc that is live when the ignition is on..as in "not off"

ill double check mine but im pretty sure i earthed the gray to my earth and left the positive coiled up and run my orange to the acc on the back of my head unit.

Checked yesterday i ran the gray when to the dimming line on the back of the head unit and the brown was earthed out.

Did you also know that the gauges can read up to 3 points? My battery also reads amperage that's getting pulled from my aux battery and the egt/boost also reads intake temp from the intercooler or fridge.

Thats what i did with the gray.. But as soon as i earth the Brown or connect it to the dash earth return the gauges light up. Even if they are off. If i dissconnect the Brown entirely and turn the keys to ACC the gauges turn on and so does the gauges illimination lights.
It doesnt really bother me as with the illumination on i can see the gauges quite well.

Also gunning1987 as you've pointed out the egt/boost gauge does have an Aux connection for other temp readings. How would i go about getting the air intake temp? It would really be interesting to see the values while traveling.

They're alway light up with light on or off but you can change it once the park light are turned off.

Ill find the link and post for you.

Back