Bargin from the chandler markets

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180%JOE

Reaction score
I was at the chandler markets the other morning and scored this little beauty;

compresser001.jpg

compresser002.jpg

compresser003.jpg

I got it for $20 and it all still works. There is some slight surface rust and the main hose is starting to perish. I'm going to strip it back and respray it black, I bought a new ball valve and regulator for it and ill replace the main hose with a braided one. Also I am going to piss off the little compressor and buy a better one. The pressure switch cuts the compressor off at 100psi in the tank and kicks back in at 70psi. Not bad considering a tank from fleabay is $100 or so.

Just a quick update, I bought a 150L cheap compressor off fleabay which I will replace this one with.

I havent tried that yet, with the little compressor it takes a while for the tank to fill up and it will run an impact wrench for a bit. Ive got the new 150L compressor ready to put on. Hopefully it will fill one or two tyres before having to fill up?? Wishfull thinking maybe...

It certainly looks like a bloody good pick-up! I'm sure it will work well for you.

Mitch

Here's a little more progress today, finished sanding and prep work then sprayed black. Looks shiney and new again. Next is to mount compressor and finish wiring;

9135AF59-orig.jpg

A32C1FEA-orig.jpg

4C531DA3-orig.jpg

1DF6C2B5-orig.jpg

All finished!! It is also still portable as it is only strapped down and plugs in to a andersen plug.

F86F8B51-orig.jpg

BFFC02F9-orig.jpg

D0B56F52-orig.jpg

A98FF7B5-orig.jpg

9AB1A27A-orig.jpg

DE4742B5-orig.jpg

I timed the compressor today, 3:00min to fill the tank to 100psi and to fill one 365/75/R16 tyre from 25psi to 40psi takes 50seconds.

i would not recommend running those pumps to 100psi. they are known to crap out after 80psi. personally i wouldn't push it over 60psi on a regular basis.

also i would redo the pipes off the heads. make two pipes going to tank, that increases the flow somewhat. i had a pic somewhere of those pumps, factory built with tank with dual inlet hoses.

Latest posts

Back