Bear Grylls knife.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of them is now mine. Each time I watch the bear use his knife I have wondered what type it was. Now I will have something similar. Well at least when it eventually arrives I will.

Have had one of these for the last 6 years
SwissTool - SwissTools - Victorinox AG

I used to think people that wore a knife on their belt were tossers and maybe I am but the day after I got it as a gift I thought - Righto I'll wear it for a day but if I cant find a use for it 3 times then it goes in the junk drawer.
Well still use it - at least 2 dozen times a day in my work and I feel naked without it. Bloody useful and a very good bit of gear. It has taken massive amounts of abuse and only shows slight wear.
I go into a panic when I misplace it.
Its a tool and so am I. One of us is useful

I've had a leatherman for about 10yrs also great bit of gear, lives in the console though, they tend frown wearing knives in my job!

I bought a leatherman Crunch from the U.S just before Christmas took ages to get through customs, but worth the wait.

Attachments

• Leatherman-Crunch-Lg.jpg
    Leatherman-Crunch-Lg.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 89
I've had a leatherman for about 10yrs also great bit of gear, lives in the console though, they tend frown wearing knives in my job!

You could do some mean ear twists with the leatherman!

That website has got some cool gear!

my camping machete...

garber_machete_2l.jpg

one side is your typical cutting edge (had it recut/reshaped to a stronger and sharper edge), and the other side acts as a saw (which actually does pretty well on must wood)

I Couldn't resist. I ordered one. Very similar to the to the Gerber LMF II which has a higher price tag. I'm a bit of a knife freak. I have a few. Always have a leatherman Charge in the car as well as a nice fixed blade in the door pocket for "camping" purposes. As well as several small fixed and folding blade knives all around the place. hehe.

MMMMMM, thats a nice knife. I have a Buffalo Ridge folding knife that I take camping and hunting and a Leatherman that I keep in the center console all the time. That is a great price for a Gerber knife and it comes with a flint as well. I am trying to resist the urge to purchase one.

Got to love knives. Dad always gave me the little Swiss Army knives that he had from the company souvenir cubboard wherever the Airshows were on. I bought larger Leathermans and Swiss army knives as I came into adulthood and always tried to wear them.

It's proven to be an expensive hobby as I keep losing them. :(

I recommend getting them sharpened or learning how to use a stone. The first time I used a stone I screwed up and didn't get a good edge so I practiced on all the kitchen knifes.

Uber sharp knives are everywhere now!

Ive had a conventional swiss army knife for 25 years and they come in very handy. Just want to know how or with what you sharpen them with.

Alan

Latest posts

Back