because im lazy thats why

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara_noob

Reaction score
Ok because im to lazy to search, What size donk would fit in place of the 2.5 diesel thats in an 08 Jap crap nav?

I know Scotty stuck a V8 in his, i saw a Nav tonight with "powered by Mazda" sticker on it. (NFI what donk he was using?)

So if i had the cash what would fit under the bonnet?

i freakin hate the 2.5 i get shit fuel economy and down low in 4H its gutless as. i think i need a v6 or something :) im lucky if i get 180 click out of a 1/4 of a tank in mine, Mechanic reckons its fine but i reckon about 11L per 100km if not more. and freewat driving is worse about 13L

Attachments

• Top%20fuel%20dragster%20engine.jpg
    Top%20fuel%20dragster%20engine.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 64
Just buy a 3L thats what im doing, sold my 2.5 and have been looking for a low km 05-06 3l one.

Last edited:
Just buy a 3L thats what im doing, sold my 2.5 and have been looking for a low km 05-06 3l one.

Aren't the 3L the Zd30 but? the holy hand grenade of Nissan? I mean I'd stick a 3L in if i was from say Mitsubishi or ford or Izuzu but not Nissan. Wouldn't mind a small block 6, say from a Ford or Dunny dore but.

i find it funny how u want to put a 8v or somthing bigger than that 2.5 in it and ur compaining about fuel!!
considering its a 4wd with big tyres and that ways like 1.5 tone. if ur getting 10 to 12L per 100k its still pritty good for a 4wd. id like to see u get beta out of a v6

Something like this might fit but would require a bit of engineering:

Attachments

• Ultimate horsepower.jpg
    Ultimate horsepower.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 59
Aren't the 3L the Zd30 but? the holy hand grenade of Nissan? I mean I'd stick a 3L in if i was from say Mitsubishi or ford or Izuzu but not Nissan. Wouldn't mind a small block 6, say from a Ford or Dunny dore but.

The ones in the patrols with variable blade turbo's yes, the ones in the navaras are setup differently and its very very rare.

some YD25's are starting to get timing chain problems so im glad I sold my one, one guy on here only had like 30000km and needs a new engine cause his let go or something.

Really...putting in a 3 ltr is going backwards in a big way....

the supposed timing chain probs are a huge beat up...just cause a couple have happend outa how many tens of thousands of 2.5's dont mean shit....

If it really worries ya, and for the cash you want to lay out on a backwards conversion fit a double row chain kit...and service the engine regularly.....
more importantly...dont redline the poor thing...it is a DIESEL engine not a high revving petrol...quickest way to kill a diesel is rev the crap outa it all the time

Haha nahh I just am very keen to see one of those in a Nav. they are making a 4.2 variant for the new Titan.

If my QD32 ever craps out and I don't feel like getting a newer Nav I might stick one in.

Hmm that is an idea Navara Noob, put a QD32ETI in it out of the Nissan Elgrand.

Latest posts

Back