Before and after dyno tune results?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orreterr

sSquint
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Recently I've been tossing up getting a dyno tune for my D22, I have a 3" turbo back exhaust, EGR mod, and looking at upgrading the intercooler if I go for a tune.

If you've had a dyno tune on your D22, please feel free to drop your before and after results, with your modifications included and price for the tune. This would all help me and others decide how much we want a tune and what modifications to go along with it. Would also be a great place for people to come and see tune results.

Cheers

I did. Gained heeeeeaps of torque.
These figures are at the wheels through a 265 75 r16. Small Front mount cooler, 3 inch exhaust. larger airbox. Egr delete and catch can. Stock injectors and turbo. Fuel delivery became the pinch point for gains. More fuel would be next step but trust me its cheese and chalk from stock. The before figures are with the mechanical add ons but without the tune. My tuner suggested i already wouldve picked up 10 odd kws and 20 odd NM from stock. Remember these figures are at the wheels through a bigger tyre. I was stoked and still am at driveabilty and towing ability.
Makes more torque at the wheels than the W580 amaroks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221027-114858_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027-114858_Outlook.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I did. Gained heeeeeaps of torque.
These figures are at the wheels through a 265 75 r16. Small Front mount cooler, 3 inch exhaust. larger airbox. Egr delete and catch can. Stock injectors and turbo. Fuel delivery became the pinch point for gains. More fuel would be next step but trust me its cheese and chalk from stock. The before figures are with the mechanical add ons but without the tune. My tuner suggested i already wouldve picked up 10 odd kws and 20 odd NM from stock. Remember these figures are at the wheels through a bigger tyre. I was stoked and still am at driveabilty and towing ability.
Makes more torque at the wheels than the W580 amaroks
looks awesome mate, love the torque gain. Do you go offroading much? If so how measurable was the difference in capability? How much did the tune end up setting you back haha

Cheers

I dont do alot of offroading. Occasionally a beach run but mainly drag a boat around. Soft sand at the 2000 to 2500rpm range it is awesome. The peak torque coming back in the rev range means you dont have to ring its neck to make power anymore. I preferred the dyno tune over the mail ordered ones as was very keen to see what the limiting factors on power /torque were but also because i believe it was safer as all vehicles are different. I paid 1100 for my 4hr dyno tune and was allowed to be a big part in the runs and also have an input into the end result. Strongly suggest a boost and egt gauge . I also purchased a fuel cut defender from turbosmart to ensure engine safety rather than deleting it but wasnt required as we made the power with only winding up to 15.5lbs boost from the 14.5 lbs i was producing stock.

Latest posts

Back