belt won't stop chirping 2011 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
when accelerating at 3200rpms one of my belts chirps for second than goes away. All of the belts are tight and i've tryed belt grip on all of them. Just asking if i should replace them or keep tightening them until it goes away.

Are you sure it's not a bearing? There is a certain amount of deflection that a belt should have, if you go over it you can damage the belt or bearings.

it doesn't sound like a bearing to me because its inconsistant, it seems to do it more without any load and when it can go through the revs a little quicker I've only done 35000kms, how long should belts last.

Turn off the air con and test that, when the clutch engages the belt maybe squeeling then. If that helps change the belt and don't overtighten. Have fun

Warranty.....Wtf is that?
Stating the bleeding fucking obvious. Adjust the tension. Belts stretch and given its 12 months old tnen 80% of the stretch will be present.
Give it a small amount at a time until resolved. Nissan "technicians" guage tne tension at static by feel and if the belt feels tght then they do fuck all. My tractor started to squeal like a pig after 2 months.
The bearings fitted to all components are radial and can handle more tension than you can apply via the belt so give it as much as needed.

I wasn't even going to ask about warrenty because its a belt, its like getting warrenty for brake pads i think, i'll just try to tension the a/c belt because it seems to go away when its off.

Get a long screwdriver and when the squeel is there place it on the componants that have a bearing and place your ear on the end of the screwdriver. This works the same as a stethoscope. Tighten all of your belts. use the same screwdriver to get tension on your belts and do the bolt up tight.

Latest posts

Back