Best snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy

Reaction score
Am gradually upgrading my new ST-X. I have had a look at related messages on snorkels but found the range of views confusing. Airtec & Nissan dealer supplied seem to be preferred but I know there are many other brands also. I want one which has good durable plastic, fits well and effectively provides plenty of clean air to the engine without leaks. Your advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

i personally think the airtec or nissan one is the best looking snorkel, i got one fitted to my d22 by nissan 2 weeks ago and i love it.

I personally think the Nissan one looks the best and as it made by Airtec you know it's a good quality product. Give Gary (Nizzbits) a go, his prices and customer service is excellent.

I have always been a fan of safari, however have also had mates with good experiences from the airtec. I have genuine airtec on the navara i have ordered. I believe on the navara's that the airtec snorkel's look better, as for which is actually better, well that as always is going to change depending on who you ask.

Mitch

the airtec looks better but i was told by maquarie 4x4 that the safari has a better seal then the airtec that was a year ago things may have changed. They stocked both brands and were the same price so there was no reason for them to be biased towards safari other then the fact they said it had a better seal.

As stated, the Nissan snorkel is manufactured by Airtec. If you get Nissan to install it, be prepared to open it all back up and seal it yourself, because for some reason - and I'm gonna ask my dealer about it, seeing him again on Wednesday - Nissan dealers won't seal the thing up.

That's the difference between Airtec/Nissan and Safari. It's not that the Safari is better at sealing, it's that most people who get Airtec/Nissan get 'em supplied by the dealers who don't want to seal them properly, and Safari is supplied by aftermarket guys who DO seal them properly. It stands to reason that you'd observe that Safaris seal better, but knowing WHY is also important.

If you like the snug fit of the Airtec (compared to the very prominent knuckle of the Safari) then go to TJM and have them sell and fit it for you.

As it happens, I have a nearly full tube of Sikaflex in white. I've used maybe 30cc out of the whole thing and I'm eyeing off my snorkel ... I just don't know how to get the airbox out so I can seal it up properly. It's something I will probably do tomorrow arvo if I get a chance, and I'll take pictures so everyone can see how dirty my engine bay is *cough* so everyone can see how an amateur does it.

Many thanks for your replies and good advice on ny snorkel enquiry. I will take all your advice on board and go to Nissan, TJM and ARB to grill them a bit more. I think quality, sealing and looks are all factors i will have to sort through. Will let you know once I make a decision.

There is a poll I created a while back on which snorkel people have, so that has some comments in it.

As a result of that thread and my own research, I installed a safari and it is very noisy but well sealed. I wish I could have driven/ been in a few vehicles with each installed to compare. If you get a chance, couldn't recommend it enough.

I do like the fact you can install a donaldson precleaner on the safari too which was the final straw that made me choose safari.

Latest posts

Back