better throttle response

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X-D22pilot

Reaction score
Hi, I have noticed that my D22 has poor throttle response, when initially accelerating and to decelerate to change gears it over revs, other then that its good, any ideas?

I/C hard pipes.

As in intercooler hard pipes? How much difference would you expect compared to the amount of flexible piping on our d22's?
I'm asking because there is not actually that much pipe. And if I want to upgrade the pipes, what would I want to get ?

mine does the same laggy as crap then over revs every gear change when you push in the clutch, have to drop the accelerator pedal ages before you push in clutch to not overrev but then you feel like a mongo. when i had the rear part off my exhaust for a week it didnt do it tho? was still gutless with exhaust off tho

There was a detailed thread a while ago by someone who taped around their IC pipes to make them firmer, he had a boost gauge and recond that he was getting more boost faster (less lag) and that it make a difference, also the boost was smoother. he eventually hard piped his. from what i've read qqc you need to get a new dump pipe, thats where all the restriction is taking place. I know thats my next mod (a few months away at least tho) cause as the exhaust gases cool they shrink, so it needs to be wider at the top and gradually narrow to maintain flow.

The rubber intercooler pipes expand up to double the size at first boost stealing your power.

Hi, thanks for the reply's, there is some good ideas here, ill do some research on the throttle controller just to make sure it will work with my aftermarket cruise control and stienbuer module.

I already have a aftermarket dump pipe that come with the baudessert system that is fitted.

Ill look at fitting a boost gauge then trying the same experiment with the tape on the cooler hoses. Unless some one knows where to purchase new hard ones that suit?

The main thing I want to improve is the throttle response, the initial acceleration when taking off lag's and as mentioned above the over reving when changing gears makes you feel like a mongo lol, other then that it goes well with the set up on it once you get going ;)

if you do put a boost gauge on there and find a real difference which it sounds like you will please report back as I would then make the switch for sure

There's heaps of companies out the making them. I know a few blokes that have windbooster controllers and a couple others with AVO controllers. I'm just wait for a response from AVO on whether their system is compatible with the 3ltr models.

There's heaps of companies out the making them. I know a few blokes that have windbooster controllers and a couple others with AVO controllers. I'm just wait for a response from AVO on whether their system is compatible with the 3ltr models.

Ok thanks, I have emailed a wind booster distributor in Australia, see what they come back with and post back ;)

Ok so far I have ordered a Windbooster throttle controller and OBD multigauge, just waiting for them to arrive, the OBD multigauge is going to measure the boost pressure via the manifold pressure to test the boost before and after I wrap the air cooler hoses to make them firmer.

I noticed the air cooler outlet hose is quite hard but the small inlet hose is pretty soft, not sure what I am going to use yet to firm them up, maybe the exhaust wrap stuff that you use to temp repair exhaust leaks? Any ideas?

Ok so far I have ordered a Windbooster throttle controller and OBD multigauge, just waiting for them to arrive, the OBD multigauge is going to measure the boost pressure via the manifold pressure to test the boost before and after I wrap the air cooler hoses to make them firmer.

I noticed the air cooler outlet hose is quite hard but the small inlet hose is pretty soft, not sure what I am going to use yet to firm them up, maybe the exhaust wrap stuff that you use to temp repair exhaust leaks? Any ideas?

Sling a few zip ties around the hose, I don't have an IC but I plan to do this to the rubber joiners on my zd30.

I didn't think these OBD gauges work in the 3ltr D22's. I was told that the Scangauges will not work, what is the difference with this multigauge device?

I would be surprised (& interested) if it worked correctly on the ZD30 3ltr engine......

With the Wind Booster, what model did u get ? We have one of these devices on our Prado and it makes a incredible amount of difference..... money well spent

They where $250 a piece, unfortunately the windbooster has a different plug, it is the model linked below and a photo of the back of my accelerator pedal and my hand holding the windbooster plug, I have emailed asking if they have a plug to suit mine, if they don't I will have to ask a auto sparky if they can wire it in I guess..

Click on "racing meter" to see the multigauge.

http://www.windbooster.com/contr.asp

20130728_090735.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Latest posts

Back