Blatant revenue raising

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to the USA krafty , see how many speed cameras they have there ? Citizens there won't put up with the shit of being fleesed , they SHOOT them out !!!!! And ill bet you never will see an operator down the local pub bragging about what he does for a living , as iam sure he wouldn't live very long lol

Last edited:
Here's one of the easiest ways to get a speeding fine. Drive through Victorian suburbs near schools several times a day on school days.

This is my thought pattern during such times.

What day is it? Is it a school day? What time is it? Is that a reduced speed time? Am I in that reduced speed zone? Shit I can't slow down, that bloody fully loaded B Double is up my arse. Am I still in that speed zone? Is it a school day? I wonder if a public holiday holiday is still a school day?

I don't know how people without kids at school ever know if it's a school day?

again, there is a simple solution to this, if you don't know or are unsure, you do the signed school speed, at worst, you'll piss off the driver behind you for 500m, I'm sure he'll live. If there's a B-Double behind you, that's a litle different, I'm sure you'd be able to explain that to a cop or judge if it came down to it

But I don't give a shit how many cameras are out there, just like I don't give a shit how many people get fined.

Like those who hate cameras and getting fines will never change their minds I wont change my mind and hope more people get fined when they break the rules.

there's also the sitting at the bottom of hills arguement. while that's a c**t act, at the end of the day, if you're over, you're over, it's black and white

And ill bet you never will see an operator down the local pub bragging about what he does for a living , as iam sure he wouldn't live very long lol

That just shows the complete arrogance and idiocy of people. If a guy who is just doing his job by placing a fully automated machine that takes photographs of people breaking the law can not mix with the public it shows the public have the issue not the cameras.

It's like all the dick heads who's first response to something they don't like is always "I'm going to kill the fcuker" or other such stupid words. People with such hot heads are comical to hear but that's about the extent of it.

it's a simple thing that if you go over the limit and get caught, you get a fine.
sparra - if your truck is reading 10km over with std tyres, I'd be giving it to Nissan to deal with, I'm sure the ADR allowance is much less than that.

At 100ks on my Speedo my GPS reads 92ish,verified with another GPS
It's a well known issue that's been discussed on here many a time
they read about 8% under,as stated in my original reply

Last edited:
The legal percentage of error iis also listed here somewhere and I believe it's got to be atleast 10% before any manufacturer has to do anything.

That just shows the complete arrogance and idiocy of people. If a guy who is just doing his job by placing a fully automated machine that takes photographs of people breaking the law can not mix with the public it shows the public have the issue not the cameras.

It's like all the dick heads who's first response to something they don't like is always "I'm going to kill the fcuker" or other such stupid words. People with such hot heads are comical to hear but that's about the extent of it.

For a " supposed " smart bloke , you come across as pretty bloody stupid , however i work with geeks all day every day and not one of them has an ounce of cdf ( the military amongst us will know what cdf is )

At 100ks on my Speedo my GPS reads 92ish,verified with another GPS
It's a well known issue that's been discussed on here many a time
they read about 8% under,as stated in my original reply

ah, sorry mate, I read it the wrong way around, thought you meant if you're speedo says 100, you're actually doing 108-110

I know my D40 was about 93-94kmh when the speedo said 100. Now with 265/70R17's speedo says 100, GPS says 99, I'm happy with that :)

I doubt anyone has ever suggested, hinted or even supposed I was smart, including myself. But if having a differing opinion to others some how makes me less smart or even bloody stupid then I can live with it.

The legal percentage of error iis also listed here somewhere and I believe it's got to be atleast 10% before any manufacturer has to do anything.

ADR's state +/- 10% allowable margin for error, cops say +3km I believe

no way I'd pay it it if I was within that 10%... the cops seem to think they are above ADR's which is the problem I have with speed cameras.

Also do they save lives? no they don't, people just slow down then speed up again, its the most retarded idea wasting money on fixed/mobile speed cameras when you could have an actual officer patrolling around known places people speed like schools for example.

no way I'd pay it it if I was within that 10%... the cops seem to think they are above ADR's which is the problem I have with speed cameras.

Also do they save lives? no they don't, people just slow down then speed up again, its the most retarded idea wasting money on fixed/mobile speed cameras when you could have an actual officer patrolling around known places people speed like schools for example.

completely agree with the slow down/speed up with cameras. that's why I believe in the signs, you see one and slow down until you see a camera, if you don't see one, you've slowed down for a fair bit. people will get used to not having cameras though so it would only work for so long

Are you sure? I'm sure the ADR posted on these pages does not state a + and -. Speedos must read equal to or faster than true speed not below true speed.

RACQ site says

The accuracy of vehicle speedos is covered by Australian Design Rule 18. Until July 2006 this rule specified an accuracy of +/- 10 percent of the vehicle’s true speed when the vehicle was travelling above 40km/h.

Either way I'm with you Krafty, whilst I disagree in principle that the tolerance should not be removed, I find it stupid that the people that seem to complain are the ones that do speed often.

I've said it for years, if police were serious about getting people to stop speeding, they'd up the fines. Leave a tolerance of 10km/h or something, but crank the fines 10x. Instead of getting a 250 dollar fine, you cop 2,500. That's definitely going to slow you down, and you can't argue revenue raising because the tolerance is much greater. So it was purely the driver speeding- nothing more.

Points mean nothing, 250 bucks to most people is a pain, but not huge. Make it massive and people will definitely slow down.

I'm sure Krankin or someone else looked into this rule quite heavily 18 months go and the ADR didn't mention +/- but like everyone else here I'm too lazy to search for that and prove it one way or another.

That's ADR's as of 2006 though. So new vehicles must comply. All older vehicles are fine.

I'm sure that's understood, just saying it again. So essentially a new vehicle (since 2006) caught speeding is most definitely speeding.

The last time i got done was in 94 i had a girlfriend that used to amuse me while i was driving even though i was doing 87 in a 70 he put it down as 74 laughing his head off as he wrote the ticket.:lol:

Latest posts

Back