bleed valve turbo diesel ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerdriver

Reaction score
I was wondering weather it is possible to fit a bleed valve to a nissan navara 2011 ST turbo diesel to increase the performance

bleed valve no. need a dawes valve.
i assume the later D40's turbo's are still vacuum operated.

a bleed valve runs between the wategate and the turbo and reduces the pressure the waste gate sees so the waste gate stays open for longer

Assuming you are refering to a Bleed type Boost Controller yes you can fit them to a turbo diesel.

However I believe the D40 has the amount of boost controlled by the ECU. So I would recommend a Chip that can control Boost rather than a Boost Controller as it could be detrimental to your engine.

I'm sure a few D40 guys can supply you with a but more info.

whats the difference between a dawes valve and a bleed valve ?, where can I get one ?

Standard%20Dawes.jpg

Dawes Boost Controller on ZD30 Common Rail
Looks to be a boost controller that is plumbed into the original system to set the Boost on ECU controlled systems.

Just from my 5min research.

as you can see dawes valve is simply a ball/spring manual boost controller but without the bleed hole.

so you would just place this between the waste gate and the inlet manifold as you would with a bleed valve ?

My understanding is there is very little performance benefit in using a Dawes style valve. Its main purpose is to control overboost and provide a more linear boost curve.

get yourself a proper chip installed and make power that way or you risk blowing your engine, d40's run around 20psi standard already and you wouldnt wanna go too much more with changing your fuel and timing accordingly

My D40 peaks at about 19.6 - near enough to 20. I've heard of people getting 24 with a chip - but that's with a chip that was designed to manage the air/fuel mix.

If you want to talk major boost, talk to Bluenavara. There's someone that runs some serious boost - I think it's 36psi, plus alcohol to develop over 350hp.

The two major vendors Northside and Chip it can both supply excellent performance chips for optimizing the D40s performance. I'm not sure Dawes valves have proven to be that great on these engines, so far.

A hot running engine like the YD25 benefits a lot from better intercooling.

Latest posts

Back