bleeding fuel lines

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any way of deleting the fuel data yourself or is Nissan the only one who can do it.
I have a power chip on mine and don't particulary want nissan to see it on the vehicle for fear they will void my warranty.

unplug the chip before you take it in ;)

there is a thread on reseating ecu which will delete fuel data.

Hate to support the troll on this one but an ECU reset will not stop Nissan from getting the data if they want it. What sort of idiots would the designers be if they allowed for a deletable history where the owner could stop them from seeing how the vehicle was treated. While unplugging the chip so they don't see it might stop them looking any further once the computer is hooked up the history will be available to them.

Hate to support the troll on this one but an ECU reset will not stop Nissan from getting the data if they want it. What sort of idiots would the designers be if they allowed for a deletable history where the owner could stop them from seeing how the vehicle was treated. While unplugging the chip so they don't see it might stop them looking any further once the computer is hooked up the history will be available to them.

Dont know about Nissan, but I do know that Ford's later model cars have a "Black Box" designed in the system to keep an undeletable history,
though I believe its more for accident data rather than checking for owners redlining their engines at the friday night street drags,
though that info would be there.
This "Black Box" I'm told only keeps short term data, constantly renewing as its only for the case to check data after a crash.

Don't know about being a troll, maybe just a brutal writing method, as technically theres no BS info in the posts "I've seen to date",
though seems theres a lot of anger built up,
maybe he's not very tall,
needs to chill out a bit, have a couple of cones or something.

As for the bagging of Navaras and us Navara owners, well thats unforgivable....

This is a
NAVARA FORUM.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would have to double check with the manual but afaik once codes are deleted history gets deleted along with it. these are not the most high tech ECU's around.

more than likely nissan will physically see the chip before picking it up via diagnostics anyway.
mind you the minimum wage oil changer may not give a toss.

a chip won't necessarily void the warranty on its own. but it does provide them with an excuse to drag out any claim.

I've only been back to Nissan once for warranty work and pulled the chip out of the car
so as not to raise any eyebrows.

If you remove the glow plugs and crack a few injectors kick the starter over a few times until the air bleeds out and it's just fuel. Reconnect glow plugs and away you go.

Latest posts

Back