Blown turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordo D22

Reaction score
so turbo let go over the weekend bit of a bummer, had 240 000 on it so i think that did ok, managed to pull out about 1/3 of the wheel including the shaft and bolt, had a bloke who rebuilds em have a quick look at it and suggested I just swap the turbo over first and see if that does the job. also attempted to crank the engine (his call) sounded like it was turning over but just not starting im thinking rear of turbo is jammed or something like the computer needs reset also suggested that because the wheel is aluminum it may have just blown through...hopefully, had a look around and found this replacement from autopower house at robina $835 http://www.autopowerhouse.com.au/turbochargers/by-vehicle-make/nissan/ but I also talked to KM diesel at brendale and they suggested getting one from nissan which is about $1700 including gasket kit or they also do a re-conditioned one for about $500 (KM diesel) any thoughts or any of you worked through this mob before? intend on selling fairly soonish as im bit sick of it had the gearbox rebuilt 20 000 ago too.....still engine may be buggered yet. thanks for any input

I'm also looking at these turbos as mine lost its marbles on the weekend too. Under load going up a steep hill the car lost a fair bit of power and developed a loud whistle. The turbo is still intact but has a bent fin and a nice whistling sound to go with it. See pic below.

stevenw1984

Do you think we can get away with only changing the CHRA? It is a bit cheaper assuming the housings are ok.

http://www.autopowerhouse.com.au/spare-parts/turbo-cartridges/ht12-turbo-chra-centre-cartridge.html

steve

ended up getting it from auto power house, should be here in a few days and install it next weekend, hopefully only the turbo thats bust

yeah mate got it bit ago but just havent had the time to fully do the swap, got the old turbo out though. also for anyone that does go through these fellas become a member because they dont tell ya but you get a discount when you do.

Turbo's back in and running a dream so far...well apart from the fact pretty sure my alternator has snuffed it too but rather that then an engine rebuild! atleast for the person who buys it is should have a pretty mechanically sound ute! always fixed every lil problem it's had!

Back