Body Lift Mod plating ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbo_000

Reaction score
Gday All

Recently got a 2'' body lift fitted to my D40 from a shop, not a backyard job & was told it would be plated upon fitting.

On pick up I was told you just head to transport department & theyll have a look, fill out a form & sing it off & thats how its done now.

So Ive looked into this to now find that it needs to be mod plated under from what I can see the LS9 or LS10 Code.

Does anybody know for sure or have recently had to go through this & know the correct process as Im ringing around to see who can do LS9 or 10 plates & cant seem to find anyone.

Im inbetween Townsville & Mackay
Anybody know of anyone in the area that can do this ?

any suggestions etc much appreciated
Thanks.

Yeh I was originally told
K3 (cabin conversion) Code + LH8 & LH7 Codes aswell.

I called the vehicle standards & regulation Unit to ask the Question and was told all has changed as over NOV 12 & Now it all comes under.
LS9 HI lift 50 to 150 (design)
LS10 HI lift 50 to 150 (modification)
& will need to undergo a "Lane Change test"

Does this all sound right or not ?
Has anybody in 2013 Had their Boy Lift plated Under the K3 Code ?

Also this Lane Change test - Has anybody had their navara go through one of these tests before ? whats involved ?

From what I can see & have read under these new changes a 2'' suspension + 2'' Body & you're larger tyres ( that cant be anymore than 50mm in Diameter from standard ) Will now require the following.
K3 Code - body lift no bigger than 50mm
Lane change test
LS9 - High lift 50 - 125mm (design)
LS10 - High lift 50 - 125mm (modification)

Let us no how you go finalising ya legalisation, am interested as i would like to do this as well:) thanks

My d22 has done the lane change test, passed easy.
Took it to a race track, they mark out 3 lanes with witches hats, give your navara to a race car driver, he then does the course at varying speeds up to 100 I think, has to change from one lane to another and back again within a certain distance. All while the engineer watched and made his assessment. Was interesting but a little nerve wracking to watch!

My d22 has done the lane change test, passed easy.
Took it to a race track, they mark out 3 lanes with witches hats, give your navara to a race car driver, he then does the course at varying speeds up to 100 I think, has to change from one lane to another and back again within a certain distance. All while the engineer watched and made his assessment. Was interesting but a little nerve wracking to watch!

Was this all organised through Tas roads or whatever you guys call your transport place?
How much to get it all legal?
Sorry for being a pest? :sorry3:

The engineer does the lane change test and was organised by him, he then does his report for transport tas who approve it all. Cost arround $800 all up from memory to engineer the body lift, 3" suspension lift and wheels and tyres. Would have been half that if the lane change test wasnt required.

The engineer does the lane change test and was organised by him, he then does his report for transport tas who approve it all. Cost arround $800 all up from memory to engineer the body lift, 3" suspension lift and wheels and tyres. Would have been half that if the lane change test wasnt required.

Ok thanks heaps for the info:)
Did you find the engineer? Or did Tas transport?

Hi loco did you use steve caplice from fogerty automotive

yeah i used him when i did a couple of solid axle conversion's to some hilux's and when i changed my patrol flat tray from leaf to a front 5 link coil converversion top bloke, think i might of seen you in glenorchy yesterday nice 22 if it was you

Get it mod plated K3 is the code.

Hey Zordo,

I have just had my mechanic fit the body lift supplied by you (yes it has taken about a year to get round to it). Do you recommend anyone in Brisbane to get the K3 mod plate?

Cheers
Cam

Hey Zordo,

I have just had my mechanic fit the body lift supplied by you (yes it has taken about a year to get round to it). Do you recommend anyone in Brisbane to get the K3 mod plate?

Cheers
Cam

Hi mate.
Dave Metcalfe 0418 745 830
Or turner automotive on the gold coast
Cheers

Back