body lifts. do they effect ride

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qqc d22

Reaction score
I know there are heaps of threads about body lift on here but i wanted a definate answer. Does your nav ride rougher with a body lift?
Id like to put one in but when I did it on my previous ute (rodeo) it was noticable harsher and added more vibration through the cab. i dont want this in my new car so i thought id ask the question. what difference has a body lift made to your nav?

qqc d22 said:
I know there are heaps of threads about body lift on here but i wanted a definate answer. Does your nav ride rougher with a body lift?
Id like to put one in but when I did it on my previous ute (rodeo) it was noticable harsher and added more vibration through the cab. i dont want this in my new car so i thought id ask the question. what difference has a body lift made to your nav?

Shouldn't affect ride quality as such, as you're not touching the suspension or steering (other than to extend the steering shaft). The only thing I've noticed with my body lift is the body roll is a lot more accentuated (vehicle is higher, so it's an expected side effect.

Cheers guys, i new body roll is increased but just wanted to check vibrations etc. as i said it was noticable in my old ute. I assume it was from the ridgid body lift block sitting against the cab instead of the rubber mount.
Do you guys run the blocks on the underside of the mounts on the chassis or top side between the mount and the body?

I think he is referring to modifying a approved bar A couple of extra holes drilled into the mount brackets are not going to weaken it. As for what they can really do is a different story.
Its been proven in court that they have to prove that the modification, oversized tyre, etc has caused or contributed to the incident in a way they original wouldn't of. Its not really going to be a problem. The insurance won't pay thing is really a bit of a urban myth.

I think he is referring to modifying a approved bar A couple of extra holes drilled into the mount brackets are not going to weaken it. As for what they can really do is a different story.
Its been proven in court that they have to prove that the modification, oversized tyre, etc has caused or contributed to the incident in a way they original wouldn't of. Its not really going to be a problem. The insurance won't pay thing is really a bit of a urban myth.

really i thought they dint pay up for anything that's un-roadworthy ?

also i was thinking im with JUST-CAR insurance they insure modded cars with things that ''most'' insurance company's wont should i ask them if they will insure me with them ?? cheers

It depends on which state you live in and whether it has been approved or engineered. Vic body lift are a no no. NSW they need to be engineered and in Qld they need to by approved. So Qld is the easiest to get it done, you just contact the rta or what ever it's called up there and ask for approval, they send you the forms and done.
I have just had my body lift engineered last month in NSW, no problems and all I had too do too make my bullbar fit was elongate the hole 5mm on each join which added up enough to line up perfect.

bodylifts in vic are fine mate, just not on an airbag equipped vehicle.

I had a mate right off his nav with 2 in body lift in vic. He was pretty dodgey with those things to. He had no dramas with insurance. Must have been lucky I spose

It depends on which state you live in and whether it has been approved or engineered. Vic body lift are a no no. NSW they need to be engineered and in Qld they need to by approved. So Qld is the easiest to get it done, you just contact the rta or what ever it's called up there and ask for approval, they send you the forms and done.
I have just had my body lift engineered last month in NSW, no problems and all I had too do too make my bullbar fit was elongate the hole 5mm on each join which added up enough to line up perfect.

What did it cost to engineer the body lift?

I have been told by 3 separate 4wd shops, that a body lift is fine on any vehicle but as soon as you lift the front bar/bullbar it is a massive no no on a airbag equipped vehicles.
I personally don't see how it is a problem unless you're in an accident and the airbags don't deploy causing you to have massive life altering issues, in which insurance won't cover you.

tony d22 said:
What did it cost to engineer the body lift?

$440.
Body lifts on vehicles with airbags and bullbars are not a no no, I got told the same thing buy four 4wd stores too. That's the problem, these idiots that pose to be "experts" don't know shit and I will never set foot in three of these stores ever again.
It all depends on how the air bags in a particular vehicle are triggered. The older style of airbags that use crush cans and like are illegal to body lift. But the new style that use a motion or inertia sensors are not effected by the lifting of the body, so doing a body lift on new navara's is not a problem.
People need to keep upto date on what's goin on if they want too sell 4wd gear.

Agree mate, engineer is the way to go by the sounds of it. I was devastated when every shop told me this false information, as I had planned on doing this to my new one. Cheers for the info mate

Back