Body lifts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you go Mick? Want to fit some decent rubber under the guards of my 08 d40 and was wondering how you went with engineers cert, rego etc.

Hey mick. How did u go. I'm about to body lift the missus d22 in Perth.

Hey mate. Howd you go with that body lift?

There seems to be a few people with the body lifts, but no one has them engineered. Did you engineer yours?

Hey mate. Howd you go with that body lift?

There seems to be a few people with the body lifts, but no one has them engineered. Did you engineer yours?

Hey man I have have a body lift as well my brother Inlaw and my self did it and I have not done my bar bull yet as well and also mine is not engineered as well and I have been pulled over by cops as well

Hey man I have have a body lift as well my brother Inlaw and my self did it and I have not done my bar bull yet as well and also mine is not engineered as well and I have been pulled over by cops as well

Did the cops say anything about your body lift?

I have a 2" body lift. Bought the kit from Perth 4x4 in Balcatta and fitted it myself with help from mates.

As far as I was aware, body lifts are legal. its just the total height of your overall lift that cant be above 50mm

In saying that though, who is only going to do a body lift and not change the size of the tyres or suspension. haha

I have a 2" body lift. Bought the kit from Perth 4x4 in Balcatta and fitted it myself with help from mates.

As far as I was aware, body lifts are legal. its just the total height of your overall lift that cant be above 50mm

In saying that though, who is only going to do a body lift and not change the size of the tyres or suspension. haha

Lol it's funny you say that, I went in there about a year or so ago & they didn't want to know me, I asked for 2inch body lift were very rude & said we don't do them! Lol

You are correct in saying 50mm total lift either that being tyres, suspension or body lift.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb1/vsb_01_b.aspx#16

I got a kit off eBay, wouldnt recommend it. the bolts were wrong so had to drive half way around Perth to get some lol was a bit of a mission. There's a bloke on here called zordo who does kits, various other people have used him, heard nothing bad.

Overall as long as your not being a clown or your car doesn't look like an absolute heap the cops should leave ya alone : ) I'm running around with 33s, 2inch body & 2inch suspension lift.

I see so many 4WD's running around with noticeable lifts (body/suspension/wheels) greater then 50mm and have no issues. I reckon perth coppers are quite negligent to ride height if the car looks in a suitable condition.

I see so many 4WD's running around with noticeable lifts (body/suspension/wheels) greater then 50mm and have no issues. I reckon perth coppers are quite negligent to ride height if the car looks in a suitable condition.

Shhh! Don't say that too loud, or we will all be in trouble. Haha

I have cops in my family, plain clothes cops will leave u alone unless you are driving like a dick.
Traffic cops are the only ones which will yellow sticker cars as they are trained to look for defects such as too high/low lifts, incorrect rim and tyre sizes, noisey exhausts, illegal engine mods, the list goes on.

In perth the most common areas cops target are the weight bridge in guildford, great eastern highway and most car cruises where you get large quantites of modified cars.

If you are gonna lift your nav, fill the gap with some rubber and the cops will look the other way

What gap? Obviously I still haven't lifted mine yet. With the cops, I also think it goes a looong way to treat them nice. If your polite and nice you might get let off, if your an arse hole you can expect a whole load of whoop arse. My sister is a cop in Vic and lets plenty of people off. I got let off once or twice for speeding, one was 122 in 100 zone, but was nice and not a douche and with a nice little word of advise from the copper I was on my way.

I think he means the gap from the extra height, as in cram as big a tyre in there as you can, haha

I recon I could fit 34's on my Nav with no scrubbing. They are a pretty rare tyre size though

Latest posts

Back