Bolts for removing drum

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baylock

Reaction score
Hi, i took a quick look around the forum, and i have also been on google, but despite my efforts, i can not find the actual size of the bolt used to remove the drum (using the threaded holes).

If someone could please advise me of the size of bolt to use i would be very grateful.
Thanx.

Don't know the bolt size but when I do my checks I just tap the drum with a hammer and wiggle it off the shoes. Just make sure you have the handbrake off.

Rusty

I just fished through my tub of spare nuts and bolts til I found a couple that fitted. I threw them back in the tub when I finished! Sorry I didn't measure them :(

as rusty said just give them a tap with a dead blow hammer and then pull them off, use standard hammer if you have to just dont flog the piss out of it with a normal hammer. rubber mallet works to

Thanx for the advice guys, but im aware of the hammer trick...
The reason i ask about the bolt sizes is because i have used it before, but as with joffo81, it was a similar story, a mate used some he had laying around, but he does not know what size they are, and i cant seem to find any info on the size.
Being the kind of person that i am, i like the idea of the bolts over the hammer trick because it seems like a more controlled, and safer way of removing the drums than hitting them with a hammer.

The thought being, they were put there by the factory to do this job, why not use them, but why does nothing have the size of the actual bolts in question??

--Edit--

Not far off doing mine, if i can find the sizes ill post them so people can know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back