Boost gauge on qd32

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendo

Reaction score
Hi guys looking at getting a boost gauge never had a turbo before and no sure where to plug it in to was hoping someone could help I have taken a photo of where I think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Have a crack at drilling and tapping NPT on a nice thick part of the manifold, since your turbo install is non-factory you'll won't really find a common spot that everyone uses.

Yep, on that hose. When you fit the boost controller, put it on the wastegate side of the gauge fitting and it will still read correctly...

Yep, that's how mine is, although it is a yd25, but same type of turbo and it works fine...

Thanks guys now just to get both of them what sort of boost are you guys running I don't want to run anything to high that I have to play around with the diesel pump

With no intercooler I wouldn't push too much over 10psi, although I'm not sure what the turbo is set at. That's just what was recommended to me when I turboed my 85 mq patrol sd33... Just see how it goes first. Mechanical diesels are a lot cheaper to increase fuel on than the newer ecu controlled ones...

Thanks bods I can't remember what the shop said it was set and when they had it on the dyno when I go it installed just have to see I don't want it to be race are quick that's what my xr8 is for just want it a bit better to tow me boat and when it loaded up

There should be a fuel screw, one for idle and one for off idle. There was a thread that someone did with photos and everything when he fitted a turbo to his, although I can't remember who it was now... Had pics of the adjustment screws too

Ok boost gauge is in and working good running 8 psi so not to bad. So next question is I read somewhere that if I adjust the nut on the rod of the wastage it will increase the boost a few pound is there any truth to this or do I need a boost controller only want to increase the boost a few psi

Nah, if the wastegate is adjustable, shortening the thread will increase boost, you only need a boost controller if the wastegate isn't adjustable...

Iv adjusted the wastegate and it is now 9psi so not a big jump. I only want to run about 10psi but was wondering if I'm only going two psi high will I need to adjust the pump or not. And also dose anyone know much about this turbo it's a Garrett tb2568 cpn 4466409-0002 just want to make sure I'm wont be pushing it to much at 10psi this the first turbo Iv owned

Yeah, you will have to shorten it a fair bit to get more boost. To get 10 psi out of the sd33 I had, I ended up having to cut the threads down a fair bit on both ends to shorten the actuator. They run about 7 stock...

Anyway, 10 psi shouldn't be pushing it too hard, that's still not a lot of boost. It's just that the air temp starts increasing faster over 10 psi..

Latest posts

Back