Boost gauge reading high

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaelandenys

Reaction score
G’day
Just put in an electronically controlled boost gauge into my yd25 d40, it works great but according to this gauge, I’m pumping out 30 psi. It hasn’t had a tune or any ecu work to my knowledge. I have it plumbed Into the drivers side pressure sensor on the intercooler. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

you don't have a cheap OBD2 adapter to also double check via the ECU to see what boost its making?

The only time I know of a car making well over and above stock boost pressure with no mods is when it is wastegate issues related.

There could also be the fact that the gauge is dodgy

I’ve got one in the way to check just that. Just wanted to see if anyone else has run into a similar issue

Daughter's Nav has an aftermarket gauge, but it is plumbed into a newly tapped hole in a manifold and connected by its own vacuum hose to read the pressure via its own hardware rather than interpreting the car's own signal.

Atmospheric pressure is 14.7 {generally} so your probably running at 15.3.
ECUtalk does the same thing.

Atmospheric pressure is 14.7 {generally} so your probably running at 15.3.
ECUtalk does the same thing.

This right here is a valid point, but being a mechanical gauge it should only be showing positive pressure once it's gone past Vacuum to Boost.

Latest posts

Back