Bought My First Ute- 2011 Navara D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattM90

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just bought a new Navara St D40.

Got it for hunting/light 4x4 and towing a 2tonne boat.

I want to raise it, put a bullbar, drive lights, put 31'' mud terrains on with some under body protection.

What am i looking at to spend you reckon and where should i go as people are saying ARB are good but there are other places that are cheaper and just as good.

Im from Sydney aswell if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums Matt, No doubt someone will tell you which brand to go for but at the end of the day you have to like what you are buying or it's not worth anything. ARB, Ironman, TJM and others are all fairly well represented on this forum through a variety of different parts and vehicles.

Hunt around the site and check out peoples garages too see what they have installed but always remember bad news travels faster than good news which means you usually read more bad posts about an item but one person does not ever make a bad item.

Gday MattM90, I agree with Krafty. Do a bit of looking around and your own research. I have found that price shouldn't be the decider for 4x4 accessories, whether it be cheapest or the dearest it has to suit your needs.
Personally im happy with all the accessories i have bought from a number of different companies, like ARB, OPPOSITE LOCK, ULTIMATE SUSPENSION and even some things from fleebay.
good luck with it, and enjoy your new ride.
Nathan

Thanks guys. Well I am on a tight budget. Like 6k on extras. And that's on bull bar tyres lift kit spotties.
I would like someone to tell me what they think Is the best for this price

Welcome to the forum!

Your tyres are going to set you back about $250 each for a cheap set, so knock $1000 off with those - $1500 if you get some BFGs or Mickey Thompsons. Let's call it $1000.

Bullbars don't come cheap at all. If you're worried about hitting animals then yes the bullbar is needed but if you're mostly daytime driving and only doing slow work at night (you don't drive at highway speeds off-road at night!) then maybe an alloy bar is enough for you - they're less expensive and a lot lighter, but you can't easily fit a winch to them later if you feel the need. Expect to pay up towards $1700 for a good ARB unit.

So, tyres and bar and half your budget is gone. Add a decent set of spotties - and if you skimp here you'll regret it later - another $500 or so. IPF, Lightforce would be the best of the bunch. Then it's Narva, RooLite, Hella - I may have missed some like Cibie - then your cheapies that aren't worth putting on.

I would seriously add some recovery points to the front front and a decent (Tekonsha Prodigy P3) brake controller. Grab a "hitch receiver block" and your rear recovery points are managed. All you need to pack is an equalisation strap for the front.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back