BOV for YD25DDTI 2.5L (MID)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank's. problably the bov that i've bought was poor quality one. i've seen better ones on ebay but i won't try it again. :)

the valves are known to fail fairly reguarly

Tweak'e what are the symptoms of failed (or failing) valve on the wastegate. The reason I ask is that there is an 'odd' noise coming from my turbo when you come off boost. I when I pulled the vacuum line that activates the wastegate the noise stopped. It is not a loud noise just a different one??

Tweak'e what are the symptoms of failed (or failing) valve on the wastegate. The reason I ask is that there is an 'odd' noise coming from my turbo when you come off boost. I when I pulled the vacuum line that activates the wastegate the noise stopped. It is not a loud noise just a different one??

failing .....not sure. failed solenoid usually results in lack of power.

not sure if "odd noise" would point to a problem. i've heard a few clips of variable turbo's with open exhausts and they sound really weird when they go off boost.

failing .....not sure. failed solenoid usually results in lack of power.

not sure if "odd noise" would point to a problem. i've heard a few clips of variable turbo's with open exhausts and they sound really weird when they go off boost.

No lack of power in fact quite the opposite heaps of it and it boosts up instantly. I think my recent install of the 3" dump simply has changed the noise I was so familiar with.

No lack of power in fact quite the opposite heaps of it and it boosts up instantly. I think my recent install of the 3" dump simply has changed the noise I was so familiar with.

Bosshog have you noticed a drop in torque when hanging from an incline at idle to around 1KRPM? Just had a 3" straight through installed myself and it works great on level roads but I feel like it lost some torque off boost. With the stock exhaust when I take my foot off the brakes on an incline it pretty much stays put. With the new exhaust it drops back a little until I step on the gas. Mine's a yd25 (mid) A/T by the way.

Latest posts

Back