Box trailers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevyn

Reaction score
I'm in the hunt for a box trailer 7x4 with high sides. Going for gal over painted. The price differences from builder to builder is sometimes extreme. Anyway what I was wondering about were the alloy trailers the same size. Anyone here with one? Will be used from everything from camping gear to builders waste, are they strong enough for the required task? Obviously they aren't as heavy as the steel but if they can handle say throwing a couple of empty hot water heaters in it and sme other rubbish I think it might be a good investment. Any info will be appreciated.

Cheers Brad

Rutherford trailers make some good ones, probably abit far for you though.

Id go the Gal trailer. Bit more expensive, they can take a flogging.

Was thinking of giving them a ring in the morning. They came recommended by a local trailer builder up here who is closing up shop in three weeks time.

I just scrapped my old mans box trailer after 40 years of abuse.
It had accidentally fallen in the gal tubs at his brothers work one night.

My camper is also gal, can't beat it!

So i got a quote for a gal trailer from Rutherford Trailers of $2195 on the road with jockey wheel and spare tyre. Best Quote I had so far. Can anyone tell me if it's worth spending the extra and getting shackles added to the leaves.

I built a heavy duty 4wd trailer...steel chassis and 1.6mm Z450 Galv sheet for the box sikka flexed in---not one weld or rivet

Fish oiled the chassis

Latest posts

Back