Brake Rotors stuffed at 42,000 kms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That whole "tough 4wd" or "shopping trolley" gets asked every time someone has to spend money on a D40 like D40's are the only 4wd's that actually cost money to maintain but at the end of the day only you can really decide the answer.

I don't know about this. Has anyone seen their stuffed rotors and pads at 40,000? Or have they just gone by what the dealer says. I don't have any 1st hand experience with this problem ... yet ... but I find it hard to believe that a set of rotors could be stuffed after 40,000k's unless you do alot of driving in mud and water and lots of steep downhills.

I saw my rotors. Definitely worn badly - and replaced by aftermarket jobs.

Which brings me to question whether this is a tough 4WD or a 'soft' bitchumen only towing machine !
By the way, I was shown my rotors after they were removed and shown the legal minimum depth they could go with calipers and there just wasn't enough.
Has anyone fitted slotted rotors to there Nav ? Any good ?

I don't think it's a bitumen-only towing machine, a lot of our towing is actually on dirt/gravel/rock/sand with water crossings thrown in for good measure.

I think the discs supplied from the factory are there for the same reason that the weak-as-piss soft-as-butter rear springs are installed - to make the vehicle feel better at the start. Drives like a car, stops like a car, nice and smooth but shit a brick, put more than an empty tissue box and a discarded christmas card in the tub and the leaf pack sags to the bump stops.

I've got some slotted rotors to install, I have it on good authority that they're bloody effective, but I've got to get my finger out to do it!

You must be lying nathan, it's a d40 there is no way such things can happen :sarcastic:

I wasnt lying i just read the speedo wrong........ its only done 6000km........
Hang on that means i have serviced my car every 1000km......:confused3: aahhh SHIT NOW IVE GOTTA LEARN TO READ AND GET GLASSES :tazzy:

I dunno why people bitch about brakes anyway, so what if they don't work, the majority of the time impatient FW's ensure you can't be first in line at a set of traffic lights so stopping isn't a huge issue.

Latest posts

Back