Bravehearts Highway Thunder,Convoy for Kids

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxxy

Reaction score
i've no idea what this websites policy is of posting stuff like this up, but it's for a great cause so hopefully it'll be allowed to stay.

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of Highway Thunder before ( http://www.whiteballoonday.com.au/highway_thunder.ews ), but basically it's a vehicle convoy drive from Loganholme (Brisbane Southside) down the highway to Parklands Showground on the Gold Coast to help raise funds for the Bravehearts foundation. For those that don't know what Bravehearts is about, it's a foundation set up to help counsel children who have been sexually abused, more information about the foundation can be found here http://www.bravehearts.org.au/about.ews.
In short, what will happen on the day is..... everyone who intends to do the convoy drive meets up at the Logan Hyperdome carpark (the exact carpark location will be given as soon as i get it) at 7.00 a.m for a 8.30 a.m departure. At the meet up point there will be a sausage sizzle and coffee van so that people can have brekky before the drive starts . At 8.30 a.m Qld police along with The Motley Crew 4wd Club will then lead the convoy down the highway to Parklands Showground (all vehicles will drive in single file and keep to the lefthand lane so as not to hold up any other traffic), once at Parklands Showground there will be a heap of free activities planned for both adults and kids, some of these include:-

•Animal Farm
•Jumping castle
•Slide
•Face Painting
•FMX Kaos (TBC)
•GC Machinery demonstration
•Car show n shine (trophies)
•Trade displays
•Mobile Police Station
•Crime Stoppers
•SES demonstration
•Fire Safety demonstration
•Magician
•Music local bands
•Balloon Artist
•Kids rides
•Car Rides with Kustoms Car Club

•there will also be Raffles and Prizes on the day at an added cost aswell

Why am i posting this up?...this event was in danger of not going ahead this year until the 4wd club i'm involved in (The Motley Crew 4wd and Social Club) stepped in and asked what was happening with the drive. Being our 4wd club prides itself on being a family orientated club, we felt we should do all we could do to help make this once again, a successful fundraising event for a foundation as worthwhile as Bravehearts is. So our 4wd club is throwing out an invite to anyone who reads this to come along on the day and help raise some much needed funds for a fantastic organisation. The drive is open to all registered vehicles, we don't care what you own we want to see it there on the day. Previous years convoys have had custom cars, motorbikes, 4wd's and even trucks joining in on the run, so once at Parklands Showground there should be plenty of vehicles of all descriptions for people to wander about and look at.

There is still much planning being done as to exactly what will be happening at Parklands on the day, keep watching this thread and i'll add any extra information i am told as soon as i get it.

cheers.

**Please Note** The Motley Crew 4wd club is not acting alone in organising this great family day out, the Kustoms of Australia Gold Coast car club aswell as Cruzin Magazine have jumped onboard and are also helping to organise events on the day.

Update
Bravehearts has lowered the entry fee to $10 per vehicle - anyone here interested????

Latest posts

Back