breaking away from stock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellison87

Reaction score
alright guys i have a few questions hoping to get som advice..
i have a 09 king cab nav D40. stock as they come..so im looking at new rims,tyres, suspen lift, bullbar, whinch and side rails. cash is an issue so might need to do it in small stages...
RIMS: Sunraysia style, prob 16x8. i want a deep dish/ aggressive look and dont mind if they stick outpast the fenders as i will be adding wider flares.
TYRES: wanting 265/75/16 BFG A/T...
SUSPENSION:cant afford a proper set up so i was thinking of putting 2-3'' spacers in front . as my leafsprings arnt the best i was looking at add-a-leaf. this will be 2''. other options blocks, extended shackles. only thing is that i want to try and keep factory shocks at this point of time..can something like this be done and i would be able to fit my wheels or is 32" just too big??

any help would be great

Hey mate welcome.
First off if your looking for sliders look up the sliders thread from scotty,
265/75 will fit easily with a 2" lift maybe even without depending on the offset of rim.
Lift spacers upfront wont be so bad but not so good in the rear.
if you want more clear info you will find heaps of threads on this stuff with pros and cons etc etc.

Welcome to the forum.

Judging by your list, raising the ute should be one of the first things so you can fit the rest underneath. The bullbar (and winch) will weigh down the front considerably, so putting spacers won't help - you need HD coils up front. The stock leaves are crap for the rear, I've put OME Dakar springs up the back and they're bloody marvellous. Supposed to have gained 40mm but looks more like a fair bit more compared to where she used to sit!

Once your height is sorted the rest is just a matter of when you can afford it. Be wary of extended shackles, they are illegal in every state - if you can find a better way to do this, use that better way!

thanks guys, still getting used to this site.
yeh prob should start with a decent suspension lift.. any one recommend any.. mate has some adjustable tough dogs. i have heard that these are a bit of a sale gimmick as the ride difference isnt that noticeable . iat this stage i would be looking at a kit for around 2k

OurD40: you sure about the tyres fitting as i have been to a could of 4x4 places and they seem to think i would need a bigger lift... i think they are full of it. if i were to get an off set of p18 do you recon there would be a bit of cutting involved.... also what size rims would you go with , 16x7 or 16x8 ???

Latest posts

Back