Broken fuel pump chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo12

Reaction score
I have a thai built D22 with a YD25 desiel enjine. Does anyone know if the valve extend into the engine when opening and closing. I'm a little concerned they may have hit the pistons when the chain broke

All up around 7K with the new radiator, and clutch. Bought gaskets that I didn't need to as they came with the engine (Water pump, injector seals, rocker cover etc) The motor came from YD25.com.au.

All up around 7K with the new radiator, and clutch. Bought gaskets that I didn't need to as they came with the engine (Water pump, injector seals, rocker cover etc) The motor came from YD25.com.au.
Was that a secondhand engine ? They are still pulling mine apart no idea what damage yet.

No complete rebuild by YD25. They take another engine, rebuild and they take some parts from your and then send it back to you, The cost for me to have someone do it was prohibitive. Some blokes have been quoted 15K to do the job. I just took my time. I was lucky I have an engineering shop next to me that used their Fork lift to help get the motor out and back in. The engine lift could not raise it enough to clear the front of the car. Once it was out you send off the timing cover to them and wait, the engine comes back and swap everything from your old one to the new one. All up it took about 2 months to finish.

You might be lucky to get away with just the replacement Head. if the bottom chain has broke then all sorts of damage would have ensued. Hopefully no holes in the pistons. Bent valves or broken cam shafts will be the worse I would think.

You might be lucky to get away with just the replacement Head. if the bottom chain has broke then all sorts of damage would have ensued. Hopefully no holes in the pistons. Bent valves or broken cam shafts will be the worse I would think.
Thanks for the advice, The car is in South Australia and I'm in Melbourne. So I'm waiting on the mechanic over there to pull the front off and let me know the facts. Just need to be patient. Lucky there is a mechanic in the little town we broke down in.

Back