bugger all bottom end

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the exact same problem taking off and i have the manual.
The local dealer was not interested so I took it too Werribee dealer near Melbourne for those who dont know with a stalling problem.
There answer was it had a highway tune installed and as I had mud tyres they automatically re-programmed a 4x4 mode into the fuel pump or ecu im not 100% sure.
But it drove better still lags on take off but it was definately an improvement no more stalling.
Found those guys there awesome to deal with really helpfull.

Also I have taken on water in my airbox a few times as such my <AF sensor has been full of dust and water.
I cleaned my MAF sensor with electrical cleaner which made a massive improvement down low and on take off.

It hasnt totally fixed it but warranty is kept and Nissan CAN remap your car to some extent.
otherwise disconnect your battery or whatever you do to reset the computer then drive it like you stole it for a tank of fuel let it set into "fast" mode if you wanna call it that.

Also the guys at ARB Geelong have a D40 with a taipan exhaust and chipped not sure what brand chip not a DP but they let me test drive it and definately drove like a petrol
Nice smooth even power from take off and it runs 265/75/R16 car very impressed stopped me selling my Rig even.
I dont work for these guys but there really helpfull and have the equipment there to help with the D40 as not many places do.

Jardsooo is right. Me & mates build jap cars, were we screw around heaps with the computers, and the workshop we do it at laughed when I told him. All hilux's etc have the same flat spot, they have to tame the black soot that shoots out the exhaust at take off for emsissions, so they program in the flat spot.

Chip it and itdissapears he said. Ive done the 3" mercury system and that got rid of 0% of it.... I used to stall it all the time on take off when I was dreaming... Stall my 200sx which has a 1300kg pressure plate on the clutch less !

Back