Bullbar install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I decided to undertake putting my bullbar on. A scratch on the flare later I have the bumper off. Now I can't for the life of me work out where it goes together haha

uploadfromtaptalk1399707191506.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399707202406.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399707218555.jpg

I've written this on my phone so hopefully it make sense and the photos work.

Its a stock bar, anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Looks like your doing it the hard way. I didn't take the whole bumper off, did you get a template with the bullbar?

Mate you have made a lot of work for your self ,I replaced mine recently 6 months ago , and all you needed to do was remove the Plastic bumper cover, You firstly have to remove the existing bumper brackets as the Bull bar ones bolt into the same place ,the 4 square plates go onto the lower fixing point the upper are egg shape to allow some adjustment only tighten these so they are slightly moveable, the bulbar should be easy to just place into position and insert the top bolt then the bottom one , . I replaced mine in about 2 hour ,

Thanks mate, wouldn't have any pics would ya? I pulled the headlights off cause I thought there was screws under them (just ended up being some plastic clips) but that's only 3 screws anyway

Mate you don't really need any instructions ,just remove those existing bumper brackets ,the two heavy ones go in their place ,square plates go onto the bottom hole each side, keep the original plastic that goes between the original brackets as it will fit the new brackets, its all straight forward , its a pity you are not in the Penrith area I could shown you .

Yeah the two plates I left on in that photo were what was throwing me ... Ive now worked out how they go on ... Pity two of the holes are stripped. Gonna need to retap it or something

might be easier to go to Bunnings and buy metric nuts and bolts they have 2 or 4 packs if the tread is too damaged just run the drill though and use the nuts and bolts with spring washers ,

Problem is I have no access to the back of it as it in the chassis rail

I grabbed new bolts but it just chewed them up

Yeah tapped in a 12mm tonight ... Have to go grab some bolts tomorrow night.

Its all about the adventure right? Haha

And it continues ... Apparently another one was stripped and I didn't notice haha

might be easier to go to Bunnings and buy metric nuts and bolts they have 2 or 4 packs if the tread is too damaged just run the drill though and use the nuts and bolts with spring washers ,

Probably not a good idea to get bolts from Bunnings as they are unlikely to be high tensile steel... Better off going to a bolt shop in a nearby industrial estate

Getting new bolts tonight and having another go. While im here can anyone explain how this part work...
uploadfromtaptalk1400018260762.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400018276357.jpg

I figured the plate goes in the middle but not really sure so thought I'd ask

Yeah that's what I thought ... The hole on the chassis appears to be made so you can adjust it but that means my bolt goes straight through it. I might need a bigger washer or something

Latest posts

Back