Bullbars. All types ????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pane

Reaction score
G'day

I just fitted up my ironman deluxe commercial bullbar over the weekend. Fairly happy with the look overall but I have a concern with it. I'm sure it's not the only bar with the same issue.

Now that it's fitted there is a lot of open space below the headlight on each side of the car, leaving the washer bottle and aircon receiver dryer open to the world. I'm worried that a stick or rocks will damage these aswell as the aircon condenser.

Are all the other bullbars the same?
Has anyone done anything about it?

Cheers

Their has to be a minimum of 18mm, because the bar is attached to the chassis. In most decent 4x4s the chassis is separate to the body to reduce impact to the occupants of the veichle when 4x4ing. Also a cheaper way of mass producing cars as the same chassis is probably used on the terrano and pathfinder.

I just got my ARB one moved up closer (to within about 7-8mm) when they brought it out with a gap of like an inch, this was on my last D22 though, current one has the nissan alloy bar.

G'day

I'm not talking about the gap between the head light and bar, I'm talking about below the bar.

From the bar back to the wheel arch. If you open the bonnet and look below the receiver drier on the drivers side and washer bottle on the passengers side it's just open out to the road. There's no protection to either of these items.

I'll get a few pics up to explain a little better

Cheers

If you have a look at my Xrox bar it is super open. It came with a steel cover to go over the air con thing (you can see in the pick it is black) but the washer bottle is unprotected. I would say that my I hit up some pretty hard stuff, probably harder than most other Navaras and I have not had any damage yet. Well not to any of that area anyway LOL. I like having it open as it improves the approach angle a heap compared to the alloy bar that was on there.
DSC_0045.jpg

ive got a TJM bar and it come with a plate to protect the air con side. i wouldnt mind one for the other side to look symmetrical though.

G'day

I'm not talking about the gap between the head light and bar, I'm talking about below the bar.

From the bar back to the wheel arch. If you open the bonnet and look below the receiver drier on the drivers side and washer bottle on the passengers side it's just open out to the road. There's no protection to either of these items.

I'll get a few pics up to explain a little better

Cheers

Know what you mean, mine is genuine Nissan steel bar and it's the same, I imagine you'd only get damage to those items if you were travelling very close behind some one else off road and rocks etc were flung up.

G'day

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Haven't had any luck with photos but equipt I's on the money.

I think I'm just gona make a couple of plates for each side and get em powder coated once I've built my tray

Cheers

cant be too bad can it?
with the ammount of navaras driving around I havent really heard of anyone doing any damage because of lack of protection from the bullbar.

Has anybody fitted an Ironman Protector bar to their D22 yet? The one with the triple stainless steel loop.
Thinking about getting one just wanted to know if anyone has one or has any issues with them.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back