Bunyip Wander. Sat 20 March

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm heading to Marlo on good friday for the weekend.

Good Luck. Good Friday is a nightmare getting through towns like Traralgon and Rosedale and it's going to be made even worse this year by all those stupid (and useless) roadworks east of Traralgon. When I used to put traffic counters down outside the golf course in Traralgon the Good Friday traffic was more than 7 times that of a normal day. On the upside make sure you give to the Cork Club RCH collection at the traffic lights coming into town, they deserve every cent they make for the RCH.

Bought a map of the area today,looks to be some tracks in the area.
I'm thinking heading along Pearl point track with the scuba gear on board,see if i can bag a cray somewhere.Then head into Bemm river for a look.
Never been there.

Don't be to disappointed if you can't get too far past Marlo. The road to PP is bitumen and always open but there is very few other tracks in the area that are accessible. There is a "power lines" track listed on just about every map (including Google) that looks to be a place to get dirty for about 30ks but it has been closed and the DSE monitor the area very heavily. There is a few tracks that go north from Marlo but alot of them get closed periodically due to morons.

Got up to Bunyip via Gembrook this morning. How disappointing, basically in short the DSE have F*** up by gating and closing pretty much every track to cars and bikes. I guess this indicates what the future of four wheel driving in Victoria and probably the rest of Australia is heading towards.

Vic really does seem to be going mad with this protection thing and it's not just 4wding that is going to be effected. There is quite a number of fishing tracks along the 90 mile beach that have been closed off because the DSE have decided people are wrecking the place. The problem is that most of the closures still allow access to bikes and buggies and are rarely watched so the idiots that can still get through cause damage and then get out without caring.

We pass a small camping area on the way up to the farm everyday, this morning was the first time we've actually seen campers there but the way it looked this afternoon when we came past I wouldn't be suprised to see it closed off soon. The rubbish and crap left behind by these campers in clear view of a main road was inexcusable, yet when councils etc are forced to close such places because of this type of thing these people bitch about not having facilities provided for them.

Yes, Tread lightly isn't really in the average Nuf Nufs vocabulary. Think I might sell my mud truck and buy a boat instead.

Thankfully around here we still have plenty of dirt and mud tracks that wont ever be closed off because they are either private property or they are in areas that don't get that much attention.

It may not be the most challenging area and you don't need 42" muddies to ride the tracks but without any trouble at all you can still get dirty in 4wd and splash a bit of mud around.

Latest posts

Back