bushes on tough dog foam cell

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig09

Reaction score
Gday,
ive just got foam cell TD shocks for my 04 D22 and cant wrap my head around how the bushes sit.
in the below picture is everything i got in the box,i know how the bushes and the 2 same size metl washers sit but i cant figure out how/where the bigger one sits and how the ribbed boot stays in position.
could someone who has these shocks let me know how it works please.
cheers Craig

oh and yea its the front shocks

Attachments

• IMG_1459[1].jpg
    IMG_1459[1].jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 88
ok so this is how i see it. similar setup to the rancho adjustables i would think. i have only instaled rancho rear shocks and yet to get the front dones.

the 2 bigger washers are the bottom washers and the top of the boot clips over it. if you look on the inside of the lip you should see 2 lips close to each other. then you stick your other washer and bushes in there correct sequence.

let me know if you dont understand and ill try explain it better

That's what I figured but the bigger ones don't fit in the ribbed boot grooves.also with all the bushings on there isnt enough thread to get through and put the nut on.all I can think off is that they have mixed something up in the boxes at the shop.

The boots don't fit the big washers, they just sit on top of them to keep most of the crap out.
When installed the boots fit up fairly tight to the washers.

So 1 of the big ones just sit in there loose and the boot over it?then it just tightens up and holds does it

Ended up deciding those 2 big washers are for another car as these shocks do suit other cars so the kit would be universal.all in and feels nice,just gotta get the rear adjustables in,hopefully they arrive tommorow

Latest posts

Back