Buying a new D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yobbo

Reaction score
Hi I purchased a 3.0L Dual cab 4x4 2004 D22 last year, and to be honest I am very happy with it, I am not a off road nut, it was just a good compromise between a family car, 4x4 and a ute. My D22 is now 10 years old with about 180k and runs perfect, but at the end of the day is 10 years old and counting. I have been thinking about buying a brand new D22 and taking Nissan`s 1% finance offer, I own my d22 outright which I`m pretty sure if sold private I could get $12k for it, so 1% finance on $16K borrowed it is a pretty cheap brand new D22 with 3 years warranty which if kept in good condition should see me through for the next 10 years.

Now my question is are the 2014 D22`s 2.5s as good as the 2004 3.0s D22`s as in respect mostly used as a family car?

I bought mine new in 2010. It cost me 4 grand more than what I would pay today. A great ute in my opinion. Mine has been excellent.

Regards

Greg

Check the fine print on the finance. You may not be able to put all of your equity into the new vehicle. I'm not saying you can't, just that you should check.

Keep the 3 litre! Just rebuild it when you need to and intercool it now to save your engine if the turbo goes

Yeah I would take a new D22 for a test drive to compare it against your 3L, a lot of people like the old 3L ZD30 model better, some can't tell much difference at all.

it would be nice to have a new vehicle but do you really want to spend 16 grand change over on a vehicle that's identical to what u already have?
personally i'd want to be upgrading to something bigger and better but that's just me.

Very very tempting isnt it.

Im going to hang on to my 3litre.
I own it and ive spent a bit on mods. I cant see the point of going about 13k into debt plus starting again on all the extras, when I already have one.
My wife keeps trying to talk me into buying a new one, I said much cheaper to spend a coupla grand on mine......heh.heh....more mods coming up!

no sell the 3 litre job as its getting old and thats when bad things start to happen. just think 3 years full warranty on a new str.

Latest posts

Back