buying interstate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett 76

Reaction score
Hi guys.

the time has come to upgrade to a 4.2 troll. I have been looking at quite a few of them over east while my nav is on the market to get an idea of what I want to spend.

I am stuck on what is the best option for me, I work 2 weeks on 1 week off so I was thinking I could;

A) Compile a list of forby's I like, arrange some viewings, hop on a plane, fly over and if I find one buy it and drive home to WA.

B) Find a couple I like and pay to have a vehicle inspection company check out my top 3-5 for us, then fly directly to seller, pay and drive home.

Just curious what you guys think the best option is, have any of you bought cars interstate? Pro's / Con's?

Looking forward to your replies.

Brett

I am not too sure about insurance so to speak, sort of looking into it further but I would imagine they wouldn't replace your car or money if something went wrong. There are some great looking trucks for the 35 - 40k mark.

Brett

yeah go the inspection way, or even better get one from a yard that does them as well, mate did that with his sight unseen 04 4.2gu from cairns.

bryan

Hey mate I got my nav interstate im in Vic and got it from Perth. I had a good mate over there look at it for me. Than i flew over and drove it back. I don't think id like to buy a car sight unseen. I looked into getting it freighted back but it had a spare set of tyres and a few other things and they won't freight anything
But the car itself. Make a road trip out of it. That's what i did anyway and enjoyed it in a new car. That's my 2 cents anyway

My good mate is a mechanic by trade and is on the same 2-1 roster and is quite keen for a road trip so might have to do that, I can always pay to get the car checked over before going anyway.

Brett

Latest posts

Back