Buying King Cab STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see pics of these bars after a hit.

Does the crack render the bar legally "unsafe" or "unusable" in anyway and can they just be repaired like any other plastic if they crack or do they have to be replaced?

I know technically even if you drop a helmet on the ground rules state it should be replaced because it's structural integrity can't be guaranteed after a hit but I would hope there is some way these bars can avoid such rules otherwise any hit would require replacement or repair and that would be costly. Would be interesting to hear an insurance company's point of view on that given that they are always looking for reasons to get out of claims.

I'd like to see pics of these bars after a hit.

Does the crack render the bar legally "unsafe" or "unusable" in anyway and can they just be repaired like any other plastic if they crack or do they have to be replaced?

I know technically even if you drop a helmet on the ground rules state it should be replaced because it's structural integrity can't be guaranteed after a hit but I would hope there is some way these bars can avoid such rules otherwise any hit would require replacement or repair and that would be costly. Would be interesting to hear an insurance company's point of view on that given that they are always looking for reasons to get out of claims.

The crack under mine was lenghtways and around 12inchs long. Cosmetically If i just replaced the alloy bug mesh you wouldnt know it hit one, only getting down on your hands and knees and look under was it visible. Obvioulsy now it would be a weak point, probably "usafe and ununable" though if it wasnt covered under insurance I would have left it on.

Back