buying new d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creesy

Reaction score
Gday Guys,

Im currently looking at buying a navara D40 new and have been quoted 38000 by a few dealers for a black d40 instock with about 20km on the clock no extras just standard features.

Do you think theres a bit more haggling room maybe get some extras thrown in? This is my first new car so im not sure how to approach it oh and im paying cash.

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers

Welcome to the forums.

I don't believe cash makes a difference on car sales, the dealer no more wants to handle $40K in cash than you want to count it out for him, he'd much prefer a bank cheque I'm sure. Actually he'd rather you signed up with his finance company but that's another argument.

$38K sounds about reasonable for an in stock car, I know my local dealer has been advertising them for $38,999 (manual I think) off the lot. There may be some haggle room but unless you have a trade in that the dealer can play around with to make the figures look better chances are they wont haggle much and you're not really going to save anything anyway. You might be able to haggle a set of mats or something out of them but with no ball to play with the dealer isn't going to get his bat out

Your best bet is to find another dealer (one you don't plan to buy off) and ask them for a car with the extras you want added, find out how much Nissan want to charge for those (they will be ridiculously high and possibly different at every dealer) and then use those figures to hit the dealer you want to buy of with. Be fair and offer them $38K plus half the cost of the extras you want and see what he says.

The days of cash working for you are long gone. They make more money if you finance with them.
38k is a good price you will definately get mats if you ask and maybe a tonneau cover if your good lol

If it's a new ST sounds good to me. Only thing that would put me off, is black. Looks great for the first half an hour after you washed it and then it's down hill from there. Interior will be 7 degs hotter when parked in summer to.

Is that a 4x4 or 4x2?? If you are willing to spend $40k, you might be able to haggle in a nissan bullbar and a few bits but even thats thinking positively. Its harder to haggle with Nissan on Navaras, they sell plenty of the things, so they arent struggling for sales

I picked up new 4x4 st manual i white for $37K, picked it up friday just gone no accessories... Very happy ;-)

No complaints here... I would steer clear of black though, nightmare to maintain. like what has been said looks good on the shiwroom floor but drive it and wash it once never 100%

Hence why i bought a silver D40 :) doesnt show up the scratches, can't see the dirt and easy to touch up chips etc. White just looks like too much of a work vehicle for my liking. In Vic, most fleet Navs are white with the orange flashing light on top

I bought a black D40 6 months ago. Contemplated selling it plenty of times just to get another colour. After first wash and a trip into the bush looks 3 years old already :( Shows every scratch and swirl up. Looks awesome for about an hour after its washed and waxed though.

You should be able to get a brand new one for that, there is always room to wriggle, just phone around the dealers there is always one that wants your bussiness and will give you that extra deal, go for tow bar and mats thrown in, they are keen to sell Navaras at the mo.
I am looking at the moment and i have them ringing up to tempt me with deals.

Gday Guys,

Im currently looking at buying a navara D40 new and have been quoted 38000 by a few dealers for a black d40 instock with about 20km on the clock no extras just standard features.

Do you think theres a bit more haggling room maybe get some extras thrown in? This is my first new car so im not sure how to approach it oh and im paying cash.

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers

Is it a D40 King Cab, Dual Cab, ST / STX or RX. I've had a D40 King Cab for 12 months & paid 36K. Is there a deal for ABN holders as I believe you may get it cheaper. Is it a 2012 run out model or 2013?
When I bought mine it was also cash with paid for Nissan towbar and they threw in Nissan mats & a grill on tray to protect rear window. Extras these days I think are becoming a thing of the past. I have read buying end of month usually can help. I got caught with Dealer putting on Bridgestone AT 20 which are great for highway but useless in the slippery stuff. Maybe a point of haggling????
Let us know how you go.

Picked up a new one for 36k with no extras thanks for the replies ill be sure to stick around for help with mods

Got my ST for $37850.. But then added a lot of extras. only thing is regreting getting nissan genuine accessories, wishing i spent the money on ARB gear instead.

ST around 38k is a pretty good price

36 is pretty good for an ST i reckon, nice going, i personally went Tuscan red, was tossing up between this and the dark blue (forgot the name), glad i got it, doesn't seem to show scratches easily and it looks very nice after i've given it a wash.

Pick mine up this afternoon pretty excited only down side is I have no money for mods for a while just gonna get some basics like tub liner and soft cover

Latest posts

Back