Buying Overseas or Locally.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$300 postage. I suppose the local shop has to cover their overheads in some way? Yeah it gives me the shits too, but the way the local shop is meant to keep you business is with after sales service and advice. Helps a lot if they know what they are talking about too, and not just full of shit. Im about to buy a 4k mountain bike from my local, can get it for 3.5k o/s but i wont bother because i know if something goes wrong with it, i take it to the shop and they will fix it. Now im not saying that i do this for everything. Im a huge fan of buying stuff from overseas, i saved well over 50% off all my snowboard gear by buying from a shop in the states. Thats when you have to draw a line. Side of the box for my snowboard boots say RRP $219 USD. same item in aus says RRP $399 AUD. And its DC shoes, they have a huge market here.

after sales service and advice has definitely gone down the pooper over the last decade. we always say buy aussie built and support your local, but many of them no longer take pride in their work or stand by their product.

the guys that do are far and few, however you can always tell who they are by the small guy that's been in business for over 20+ years, etc. they are certainly doing something right to maintain their client base. in that instance i will continue to support the businesses that support me.

You should look at Shipito, the item is sent to a US address and then transhipped to you.
They give you a quote on cost with freighting companies and you select how you want it sent. Usually much cheaper than having it sent from where you purchased it. www.shipito.com/

being from north america i get a severe case of the shits when i see what stuff here costs, from cars (new and used) to my internet access and everything in between, of note here is that stuff that is cheap is usually nasty low quality crap from uzbekistan or somewhere else lower on the chain than china

now i am defenitly willing to pay more if i feel the service i am going to get makes it worth it, HOWEVER i have yet to find good service in this country, and thats because these ppl know they are gonna get minimum wage no matter what, (and its apparently really hard to fire their ass)

tipping makes sense, i used to pay well for good service (it also meant i got good service as a 'good' tipper)

also ppl here (this is a generality) roll over and cop it in the arse, a person needs to say 'na, not good enough i am gonna take my business next door'

and western society is a capitalist one - compete or die, whats on ebay today

Last edited:
The problem here isn't that people get minimum wage it's more like they get paid a friggen premium and still deliver shit service. The mentality of "I'm worth more than my boss wants to pay me" is rife in this country.

Too many of the upper echelon take too much of the pie and leave the lower end to pick up the weight but that doesn't mean the lower end is paid a shit wage, they just think they are because of the mentality bred into them and the difference between them and upper echelon.

We don't need tipping in this country to make service better we need people who actually give a shit about their jobs and are willing to do them to their best ability, then we need to stop the greed and avarice of the corporate high flyers who think a business that makes $1 million a year should pay them $900K of it as a wage to sit on their fat arses and twiddle their thumbs.

I do agree that we roll over and take it all too often though.

You should look at Shipito, the item is sent to a US address and then transhipped to you.
They give you a quote on cost with freighting companies and you select how you want it sent. Usually much cheaper than having it sent from where you purchased it. www.shipito.com/

Legend, never heard of it.

So you use it ?

This looks like a winner.....let us know how you go with this Dave.

We've used Ship to and others on several occasions over the years for Amazon purchases that couldn't be sent directly here. It works and it's useful but it's not always cheap some purchases are darn expensive to pass through the system. Like everything not every experience has been glowing but the system works most of the time.

Shipito transit freighting

Legend, never heard of it.

So you use it ?

I have used it several times. The best freight option I have found is DHL a little dearer but a better service. It is excellent where companies will not ship outside of the US and if they do they screw you on the freight cost.

My Spotties arrived.

Just waiting on the harness now, that was my fault though. As I ordered 2 days after the Spotties.

Latest posts

Back