Cal offroad shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunkly

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting 3" lift kit and the cal offroad kit comes with cal offroad branded shocks, has anyone had experience with these shocks, I can't find info on them anywhere.

I've also looked at the snake racing kit which comes either toughdogs or ranchos which I'm liking but the kit doesn't come with torsion bars or leafs( the cal offroad kit comes with torsion bars), I dont carry much weight in the rear and I've only got an alloy bullbar so will the stock bars and leafs suffice or is that something that will definitely need to be upgraded? Both kits are the same price so would love to know what everyone thinks???

i was under the impression that the cal kit is a lot cheaper to buy?
dom hogan has ordered a complete cal kit im eagerly waiting to see how it all goes for him

I was wondering the same wrt the calmini kit..as I'll be in the USA next month and will drop by Bakersfield....remember the roads in the USA are so smooth

The base model kits cost pretty much the same, give or take $100-$200, the major differences are the cal offroad comes with torsion bars but uses cal offroad shocks which no-one seems have any feedback on and the snake racing kit doesn't have torsion bars but comes with reputable brand shockies being either ranchos or tough dogs, oh, and I think the snake racing kit also comes with an idler arm brace

have a look at calmini.com that is the usa site that cal offroad on sells for. they are a lot cheaper direct from america, like around $990us plus shipping for a 3" lift kit. only bad thing is they come with lift blocks and extended shackles instead of lifted springs. they also have their own shocks, but if you'd rather just source longer leafs and shocks locally just get their uca's and get the rest in aus

Cheers for the heads up mate, it's like $600 cheaper than buying here! Only thing is It says the kits suits 1998-2004, I have a 2008, will the kit still fit my rig? Also, all the sites (rancho, toughdog, EFS) say they only make 50mm lift
Max. Shocks. 3" is around 75mm lift so are these shocks still suitable?

Last edited:
yeah, they still fit, you need the "euro" one if you get the whole kit. not sure on the shocks tho, a few people on here have those uca's, so if you are lucky they may reply in here. otherwise do a quick search or look through the build threads and you will find plenty of info on them

Got my lift in the mail today. Fitting it on Wednesday. I'll most likely take it off road straight away and I'll let you know how it all ends up. I'll post pictures on my build thread if you want to have a look

im looking at buying the same kit but going to source 3 inch rear leafs here in oz, so looking forward to hearing about the the report.

Latest posts

Back