camper trailer recommendation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a forward fold MDC camper. Im happy with the camper apart from a few little niggles which happens with a new camper. Luckily i can fix them myself because you wont get any after sales support from them.

I have a forward fold MDC camper. Im happy with the camper apart from a few little niggles which happens with a new camper. Luckily i can fix them myself because you wont get any after sales support from them.

what sort of things?

We didn't get the right support poles for the canopy. The map of where each pole went was for another camper. We had to work out what poles where needed and then let them know.
When they drilled the hole for the tap they scratched the sink badly and hoped I didn't see it. When I mentioned it they said they will replace the sink as soon as they get a new one, and I'm still waiting (3 months)
One of the zip slides broke the first time we took it out. I called them and zips aren't covered under warranty, I said ok do you sell the sliders or know the zip size so I can order a new one? He told me he didn't know and ill have to go to a upholsterer to get it fixed.
That pissed me off the most as we spent $20,000 on buying the camper.
There's other things but I'll leave it at that.

That's very bad service. Sorry to hear that. Have you heard anything about the T&R camper?

I had a look at those, they seam ok but the two display models they had didn't seal very well around the doors.
The campers were just coming out at the time so they still might of being sorting them out.

I bought a used Classic Kimberley Kamper.
Looked around, kicked a lot of tyres.
Waited for a bargain, then knocked him down some more. It's a buyers marked.
Had a few miner thing to be replaced.
Dealt with Ian at Kimberley Kamper in Ballina.
Could not be happier with service, they bent over backwards, to serve and accommodate..
I have NEVER had service as good as this...
The camper is a hard floor, galvanized chassis, independent suspension, and all the hard core goodies.

Try these guys, i never delt with them but their gear looks quite good.

http://www.eagletrailers.com.au/about-us/

I own an Eagle camper. It has traversed a LOT of outback dirt roads in the 2 years we've had it; Gawler Ranges, Flinders Ranges (x4), Oodnadatta track, Dalhousie, Painted desert, Old Ghan Heritage track, Mereenie Loop, Innamincka, Cameron Corner, Dig tree, Tibooburra, Warri Gate Rd, Dowling Track through Hungerford, Birdsville via Windorah & the Birdsville track (what can I say, we like to tour lol!)

It still has it's original tyres/wheel bearings/coupling, hasn't even had a flat tyre yet! (I run 20 PSI in the camper tyres on dirt roads)

Not too bad for a $7,000 outlay! ;)

I own an Eagle camper. It has traversed a LOT of outback dirt roads in the 2 years we've had it; Gawler Ranges, Flinders Ranges (x4), Oodnadatta track, Dalhousie, Painted desert, Old Ghan Heritage track, Mereenie Loop, Innamincka, Cameron Corner, Dig tree, Tibooburra, Warri Gate Rd, Dowling Track through Hungerford, Birdsville via Windorah & the Birdsville track (what can I say, we like to tour lol!)

It still has it's original tyres/wheel bearings/coupling, hasn't even had a flat tyre yet! (I run 20 PSI in the camper tyres on dirt roads)

Not too bad for a $7,000 outlay! ;)

which one do you have? and how long ago did you buy it?

It's called an "EC1" it's the base entry model they had at the time. I don't think Eagle sell soft floor campers anymore?

We bought it in Jan 2012.

It's also been to Palm Valley, Chamber's Pillar & Lambert's Centre.

It has definitely exceeded my expectations! :)

Latest posts

Back