Can anyone tell me what this relay controls ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagwill

Reaction score
Hi, there is a relay in the engine bay between the brake booster and the guard tucked away a little, clicks when i move the throttle TPS. Can anyone tell me what this does, Thanks David

Hi, its on a 96 Terrano, [ close to d21 ] auto with TPS . I decided to fit a brand new QD32, OK after fitting an driving 3 meters forwards , parking and trying the engine a few times, suddenly there was no drive, forward or reverse and it would only go into park with engine off. I noticed that this black relay would click when i moved the throttle, something buzzes for a couple of seconds { i think i the gearbox] and stops as this relay clicks again. ?? its near the relay/fuse box but on its own a little closer to the firewall. Black metal.

The throttle shouldn't have anything to do with drive. Without touching the throttle pedal, I can pop my auto into drive and after releasing the brake the car will move up to around 5km/h.

As Tweak'e suggests, I'd track down that wiring - sounds like a possible crossed (damaged) wire, or jump onto a Terrano forum regarding that relay.

Thanks for your replys, havnt had any luck with "Terrano" forums. When wires disapear into a covered loom, who knows where they go ?
Any ideas on the grinding/grating when i try to go back to Park.
As for the no drive, i wonder if my new setup has damaged the pump, but i cant think why
Thanks David
PS day later i have the starter out dealing with another prob, but i believe i have accidentally moved transfer case into neutral, may explain no drive and grinding into park, try again in a few days when new starter arrives.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back