Can someone id these lights?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timcyn7

Reaction score

I want to get a hid kit for them. I think they are IPF? They have 100w h3 bulbs. I can't find any markings in them?
Just realised it's a pretty crap pic. They are square, rectangle shape.

Last edited:
cheers good people, thanks a million. Might get the hid kit for them. i found a kit made for the ipf800's. I want to keep the same color temps. I ordered an led light bar thats 6000k, so ill get 6000k hid bulbs. Cheers

Before you just chuck HID globes in - the reflectors are designed for halogen globes which has the filament in a precise location. If the arc of the HID is not in the same precise location, you'll scatter light everywhere but where you want it.

I looked at the reflectors today and i cant tell the difference between them. Is one a spot and the other a spread? It looks like it at night, but cant tell the difference between them. They had the spread on the drivers side which was ok, but the spot was running up the ride of the road and hitting the scrub and wouldnt project more than 50m. Swapped them around today and ill see what happens tonight.

Spot lenses are clear and flat. Flood lenses look like they're made of broken glass (but somewhat organised) - it's designed to reflect the light in the right direction without diminishing the amount of light significantly.

In the pic above, it looks like the left headlight is a spot (no rippling visible in the top of the glass) but it looks like it's aimed off to the left and the right-hand one looks like a flood (visible rippling in the glasswork through the top of the lens).

Yeah these lenses have the broken look effect. Both are the same. They have a decent amount distance for floods.

It's funny, my eyes can't make out the rippling in the left hand headlight. There ya go!

IPFs aren't bad lights - they certainly cost more than your average K-Mart job.

Tim,

I had these on my D22 - Genuine Nissan part from IPF as the guys say

You may find that the hosing is not deep enough to fit the HID globes which are longer in the back - Also the ballasts would need to be mounted externally and am not sure how water proof the Chinese kits are

I had a problem with rear clearance some year ago with German made globes - You can cut the back out of the mounting and fit some sort of rubber shroud over the back of the globe - Again water proofing issue - Have a look around to see if some other type of vehicle has something to fit

My vehicle was not a 4WD and I went to Bunnings and got some black irrigation threaded plugs that were close and drilled the hole to suit - The plugs sort of screwed in but I put silicone around them.

Do you really need HID - These lights were quite OK on my D22 - I put 100w globes and put the H4 Hi/Lo HID in the headlights - That way HID on low beam also - IF you put HID in the headlights check the shrouds do not clash with Nissan shrouds - You may need to take the shrouds off the HID globes if they poke too far in

Regards

Peter

Thanks Pete. The hid kit I was looking at was specifically for the IPF 800's. Designed to fit etc. But like Tony said I will probably have problems with scattered light. I have decided to ditch them all together, and I'll grab a set of hid lights off eBay. Few people on here are very happy with them. I travel at 2am to work 6 days a week and I need to see very well. Bloody roos like hiding and jumping out and play chicken with me lol.

Don't put roo whistles on your car then. They bring 'em running to see what the ruckus is all about. Goats, sheep, wild dogs, horses, cows, rabbits - you name it, if it has ears and isn't a bloody roo it'll run from the roo whistles.

Maybe the stupid skippies congregate on the road to have a meeting about what to do about the noise.

Tim, I've got a hand-held torch that makes my driving lights look pale. Has just 3 LEDs in it, puts out a claimed 4,000 lumen - I turn the thing on and my front yard turns to daylight, the trees down the road and up the hill light up and sometimes I think I can see the 3 wise men heading for Jerusalem with it (that might also be the schnapps).

Have you considered a powerful LED light bar? They have 10W CREE globes now, and I've seen some of the light they put out. Stunning just doesn't convey it well enough.

haha, yeah i have an led torch, powerful thing it is for sure. Im waiting on an 24 inch led bar off ebay. Not to sure what its like but thought i would give it ago. I know the proper decent bars are better but the ebay one might do what i want.
Im also thinking of puttinf some small led bloods on the corner off the bullbar and point them out to the sides as well.
I was driving a cruiser 2 weeks ago and hit 2 roo's in one night cause i couldnt see them sitting on the side of the road, but when i got my navara last week i have managed to miss them all ( touch wood ) because i can see them. More light the better i reckon.

We're going to mount a pair of smaller floods up on top to spread the light to the side as well, and I'm thinking of adding a light bar to the front too. We saw some of the 2-globe 2x10W CREE lights similar to these at the caravan show for $74 each.

Not sure I'd get the flood version like the ones I linked here, I'm just showing these as examples of the size, shape and layout. I'd prefer spots aimed about 10 degrees off-centre, because LEDs tend to disperse quickly so floods wouldn't have a lot of depth when driving - but the spots do give a decent range for our needs - which is different to yours.

We spend some of our time negotiating forest tracks at night towing the caravan. Seeing around corners is important to us! Whenever we've taken to the outback/country roads we tend to drive at a much more sedate pace in the early/late hours. Especially now with little rainfall, the roos come near the roads because the ashphalt creates a small amount of moisture collection and encourages grass to grow in the verges where the paddocks, fields and grasslands may be bare and uninviting for the roos. Bring on the rain - it makes the roos go away!

Latest posts

Back