Can the Std Navara B/Bars fit a Winch?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmacca

Reaction score
Hey Guys....

When looking for a Navara, I find alot of them have the Genuine Nissan Navara Alloy Bullbars fitted to them, which looks pretty good IMO. I was wondering if u could modify these bars to have a electric winch mounted behind them and just cut out the winch rope hole for the cable.....

Does anyone know if this is possible...... ?

rob

Yes it is. Have a search for it. A couple people have done it. Made a plate to
Mount between chassis rails and cut a hole it the bar.

+1. You need a frame made up of at least 6mm thick steel plate, secured to the chassis on both sides by high tensile (I think they're 8.8) steel bolts.

Don't rely on the alloy bar for the fairlead either. Make sure the fairlead is secured to steel.

Although we always think we're only going to do a straight winch, the three times I've had to use mine NONE of them were straight. If the fairlead was on alloy, I'd have wrecked it by now.

Cool... that will help when I find one and knowing that I can modify for a winch. I seen a few zook owners use 8mm "C-Channel" between the chassis rails winch seem to work ok

I saw a standard genuine nissan alloy bullbar on a d22 that had been modified for a winch in a 4x4 custom magazine last year. Kept the magazine at home because i was thinking of doing it to my bullbar. Will see if i can find it and i'll scan it if that helps.

+1. You need a frame made up of at least 6mm thick steel plate, secured to the chassis on both sides by high tensile (I think they're 8.8) steel bolts.

Don't rely on the alloy bar for the fairlead either. Make sure the fairlead is secured to steel.

Although we always think we're only going to do a straight winch, the three times I've had to use mine NONE of them were straight. If the fairlead was on alloy, I'd have wrecked it by now.

Yep bolts stamped with 8.8 would be the minimum for this sort of job. Can always go higher, just don't risk going lower.

G'day Rob,
I was looking at doing this a while back but have decided to get a steek bar instead for the extra strength and protection.

It looks like it would be pretty easy to do. Just get a winch cradle and weld it or bolt it between the steel bullbar mounting brackets, cut out a bit for the fairlead and mount it to the cradle. Thats how I would do it anyway.
You dont want to be drilling or welding the chassis.
The bullbar brackets look pretty bloody sturdy and they bolt up the same as the winch bars so it should be fine.

Latest posts

Back