Cannot lock front doors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi again everyone as per my original post about central locking...I bought the 2008 D40 from auction and was only give one key (no push buttons on key) whilst the key starts the vehicle I cannot lock the passenger & driver's door!! There is a "Lock & Unlock" switch on dash & when pushed locks the rear doors only. There are some fuses missing & unfortunately I do not have an owners manual to work out what is what. The fuse covers have legends but is there something else I should be looking at? There are key locks in both doors. Thanks Bob:sorry3:

Is the link in the "D40 Section" for downloading the manual still working? That should give you wiring diagram and let you trace wires.

Does the keylock in the door unlock/lock all doors when using the key?

Is the link in the "D40 Section" for downloading the manual still working? That should give you wiring diagram and let you trace wires.

Does the keylock in the door unlock/lock all doors when using the key?

Hi Krafty, I have just got an owner's manual today & as yet have been to busy to read it. The only thing this plain Nissan key does is start the car. I pushed the lock & unlock in the dash but it only locks the rear doors!!! The key locks nothing. There are plugs under the bonnet which I will have to trace. It could be a fuse problem too. Maybe an auto electrician can find the fault!!! A wring diagram would be beneficial I am sure. I will try a search in this D40 site. Thanks Rob.

There is a wiring diagram in the electronic service manual, it's a shit to read bu it's there. I'd probably be checking out those plugs and fuses and maybe even pulling the door skin off to confirm there is actuators in the door and that they have signal. No signal would indicate a fault further back, 12V would indicate the actuators are the issue. No actuators there could indicate they are missing :big_smile:

There is a wiring diagram in the electronic service manual, it's a shit to read bu it's there. I'd probably be checking out those plugs and fuses and maybe even pulling the door skin off to confirm there is actuators in the door and that they have signal. No signal would indicate a fault further back, 12V would indicate the actuators are the issue. No actuators there could indicate they are missing :big_smile:

I will continue to investigate .....thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back