Canopy's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshp82

Reaction score
Hi all I've been looking around every now and then for a canopy for my 2010 D22.
What I keep finding on eBay is heaps of Canopy's for other utes really cheap. But as soon as I look for mine they are over $2000. Does anyone know if a canopy of another ute will fit mine?

If this has been answered before please put the link up I've searched through about 250 threads trying to find an answer.

Thanks Josh

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

I don't know any specific models but you might have to do a size comparison. The tub sizes for your ute are no doubt listed here somewhere, take those and compare them to the models you see canopies being sold for. You might also have some luck asking the sellers for sizes, a few millimeters may not make a difference but if a canopy is already slightly altered due to being previously installed that few millimeters could end up 10mm and that might make for an ill fitting canopy.

Thanks krafty
I've measured my tub and it's 1560mm long x 1525? Wide. I'm not sure where the canopy should finish. Best I go out and have a look at a few.

You'll find most canopies finish at different spots even on the same makes of cars. My rear door can be adjusted to be hard up against the tailgate or not so hard up, the difference is only millimeters but it's adjustable from the hinges.

Each side on mine is about 2mm inside the bodywork of the tub but given the way these things are mass produced there will be slight differences between canopies so it really is going to be a bit hit and miss especially when an owner can deform a canopy depending on how they secure it on or off the vehicle.

You know the specs of you own tub, it's a bit of home work but you could possibly find the spec sheets of other models on the net too and that way you can compare the original measurements of both and get some ideas.

i wouldnt consider putting a different canopy on
each canopy is made to suit a certain model
you are better off fitting the right one
or
building a custom one
mate recently had his f250 fitted with custom alum canopy
cost him $12k
it looks great,will last forever, and is packed with features but thats a lot of money
even a custom canvass canopy on a trayback will cost $2k minimum
prices will drop and 2nd hand canopies will start to appear sooner or later
they should have left the trays the same size as the earlier models
goodluck
sparra

Last edited:
arb cheapest i found fitted, got my arb canopy and safari snorkal FITTED for $2000

Yikes. How did ya score that price? ARB quoted me $2.9k for a color coded pop-up window canopy to suit my 2010. And thats just the canopy...

I paid $2.6k for a colour coded, smooth finish, slimline with lift up windows all round - basically the most expensive combination available. I had the internal racks put in afterwards.

Cause when rang they quotes me 2800, then I rang around another 2 arbs Cooma, St leonards and Fyshwick in total. And kept ringing around and they all kept Beating each others price.
Eventually best price was Fyshwick. They quoted like 2300. When came time to pay. I argued black and blue that they promised me 2k flat. Lol I won, got a great bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hmmm i might have to re-visit and get a re-quote maybe. While on the topic, how difficult is it, to remove the ARB canopies once fitted? Say, in case you need to carry something tall in the tray?

No canopy is hard to remove but most of them are an annoying enough task that you'll consider the option before doing it just for one load.

agreed, much easier to drive 2 mins and hire a trailer for $12 for 24 hours

I had a Alpha Canopy on my D22 (have one on my D40 now too). it had side lifting window's. supplied by Bluey's Ute world. Blueys Ute World

lladnar-albums-d22-str-picture1116-navara-str-03-canopy.jpg

lladnar-albums-d22-str-picture1114-navara-str-01.jpg

there is a guy with one for sale at williamtown newcastle smoth finish of a d22 dont know what year has a couple scratches only $300

johnbritto said:
there is a guy with one for sale at williamtown newcastle smoth finish of a d22 dont know what year has a couple scratches only $300

That's sounds alright. Do you know how to contact them?

Latest posts

Back