car lower on one side

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnav

Reaction score
hey guys I'm a new navara d40 owner and have an 09 titanium. I've had the car lifted today with 2" springs and 20mm strut spacers but the front left is sitting 10 to 15mm lower then the right side. I have new springs and struts and the place that fitted them has no clue why its like that, have you guys got any opinions?

Thanks

I have the same issue, I measured it too, it's 10mm lower though Nissan put the wrong springs in and after a couple months of no help from the sales rep a quick detailed email to the sales manager sees me getting the right ones in tomorrow so I'm hoping this fixes the issue for me, you got a bar on the front?

I have exactly the same problem with the same amount of drop. But it's 10mm lower on the drivers side.

I upgraded all the suspension myself. I made sure everything was placed on the correct side as being an old Hilux owner the right sides sus is higher than the left, but on the Nav I'm not sure the suspension is set higher for one side???

I wish mine was lower on the left (near) side, as then when you sit in it, it will level up.

doesnt the fuel tank sit to one side? I noticed mine was leaning to the left after i filled it up the other day...

if its the right hand side then you fat bastards need to lose some wieght' lol :rofl2:

if its the right hand side then you fat bastards need to lose some wieght' lol :rofl2:

Come here and I'll sit on ya, ya cheeky barstool!

No it's not caused by the fuel tank, well not in my case as it's the RHS that is lower.

A mate of mine who's worked on truck suspensions for years said "sometimes vehicles are just built lopsided". I'll have to stick to that until we find out more.

Another interesting thing is, take a look at the rear tray mounts. The one on the very back RHS sits higher than the LHS (well it does on my truck).

Why???

Old thead but I have the same problem. Sits 13mm lower on the D/S. Just had a lift put in with King Springs Front, EFS rear and Bilstien Shocks. Though it would address the issue but it hasn't. Still the same. Blloke who put them in says they always check the springs and if one is slightly taller they put it in on the D/S. As part of the deal he said when I bring it back in for a check in 1000K's they'll sort it. It has me stumped why this is happeing tho. So today I had a reall good look. Even measuring things like where the strut mounting brackets are welded to the chaisis. Every thing measures up the same from one side to the other. I'm fairly sure it's the Front right as the difference at the back is not as big. One weak theory I have, is the spring packer at the top may be compressed more than the other but very difficult to tell by looking at it. Another is the chasis is out whack? Before they done the wheel aliginment the allignment was all over the place with Camber, Castor and Toe all out by a fair margin It looks like they may have used the factory spring packer but I'm ok with that as the vehicle is not very old.

The truck is a late 2011 Thai built King Cab

The good news is the difference in driving the truck is sensational this is a really good combination for the D40. I just want the thing to sit level.

Any thoughts?

How did you go siringo did you find the answer?

Thanks.

how much do you weigh lol, I put a 10mm spring packer between the lower seat and the coil on the strut and its spot on, all my patrols did it my girlfriends d40 does it and my old d40 did it aswell, dont know why

try and messure at the cills or somethings that maters not like ur mud guards that the great nissan made mine sits different at the guards but not at the cils and see if there is difference
how much do you weigh lol, I put a 10mm spring packer between the lower seat and the coil on the strut and its spot on, all my patrols did it my girlfriends d40 does it and my old d40 did it aswell, dont know why

Nah mate that's with me and my fat guts not in the thing:) The bloke was mentioning somthing about a bush under the lower coil bucket. I guess there is several ways to go about it, packer on the lower or upper side of the coil or even a small spacer at the top of the strut. All have the same effect but would be nice to fix the cause rather than get around it.

Good point Damo, thanks. I have been measuring from centre of hub to top of arch on guard. Will check it out from the coils and chasis tomorrow. Maybe the chaisis is level but body is not. From the rear of the vehicle you can really notice the lean.

Ok, just done a few meauserments. Chasis at the front is almost level, at the rear about 10mm lover on D/S.

Springs must be starting to settle in, slightly lower at front now and only 8mm side to side difference at front and rear when meausred from centre of hub to wheel arch.

Conclusion- Either the chaisis has a slight twist or the back RHS spring may sit slightly lower.

Latest posts

Back