Car pulling left

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4nav

Reaction score
So after an accident where a taxi drive past front left side of my ute steering is not good.

Ins company did a wheel bal and align but still the same .

As soon as I hit the brakes ute dives left , you hit 75km/h wheel starts shaking. When driving in a straight line the wheel itself sits I'd say an 1/8th if a turn out if straight. When you do full lock right it's harder than full lock left .

When I took it back to ins mob he says oh we forgot the balance sorry so there doing that now but I can guarantee it's going to be an idler arm J arm or even the steering column .

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what it could be. ?

Cheers !

Recently I aquaplaned and hit a gutter with the wheels full lock left.

Same deal, insurance company did a wheel alignment (after I already took it to my wheel alignment joint who couldn't get it anywhere near even slightly acceptable);

Needless to say I sent it back. They replaced the right hand hub, upper and lower arms and a few other bits and bobs and put it on a jig to straighten the rails where the force of hitting the gutter on the right hand wheel at full lock bent the K-frame and the mounting points for it and pulled the rails out of whack.

Check for any kink marks and stick your hands in where your bump stops and any gaps are and see if they are the same.

Tell tale signs for me (apart from the clearly bent shit) were torsion bar pushed its collar back out of where it sits and the gaps around the front end were different, especially where the bump stops are. On one side I could put my hand straight through with plenty of room to wiggle my hand, the other side I couldn't get my hand all the way through without brushing against shit cause the gap was to small.

Tell em you want it repaired to an acceptable roadworthy condition and that you know they will most likely have to put it on a jig to make sure its right and everything measures symmetrically.

Don't take their shit and get a second opinion once it is "repaired". Insurance companies pedal bullshit, not insurance.

Last edited:
Thx mate
Oh don't worry I won't be taking anything other than acceptable to my standards !I don't pay $125 month to have a lazy smash repair joint do a half assed job . Unfortunately for them I've just had hernia surgery so I've got all the time in the world to make sure they get it right !!

Get somebody who can do a proper wheel alignment, not just a "Toe and Go" that most tyre retailers do

not sticking up for panel beaters or insurance companies but most send the car out for a wheel alignment and when the car is returned they ask was it ok and the tyre people say its "Fine"

panel beater is none the wiser and takes there word for it..............................

Thx mate
Oh don't worry I won't be taking anything other than acceptable to my standards !I don't pay $125 month to have a lazy smash repair joint do a half assed job . Unfortunately for them I've just had hernia surgery so I've got all the time in the world to make sure they get it right !!
$125 per month for car insurance. WOW you need to see YOUI. i pay $38 per month for full comprehensive car insurance .

Mines work mate so it's higher and had a few accidents ... Depends on area u live all sorts of shit .... In saying that how the fuk is yours so low !!!

Wife got ute today actually I'm still crook so havnt tested it yet see how we go

Latest posts

Back